Jacque Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
RE: Your School's Football Season Tickets Sold
(08-13-2017 11:39 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(08-13-2017 07:05 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(08-13-2017 04:53 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 02:35 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 09:38 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  Don't know this year's numbers or last year's for that matter but UTEP's season ticket sales have been in decline for a few years. Kugler ball has not inspired the sale of a lot of tickets. The highest at UTEP was back in the Price coaching era with over 24k.

2012..... 14,126
2013..... 13,332
2014..... 13,167

Not the trend you want to see. If the Miners don't start winning a few more than they lose, sales will only go down.

USM is usually the leader in season ticket sales with Marshall, ODU and UTSA doing well too.
Utep could start by offering the traditional family package to non traditional families. In today's society, not all families consist of Mom and Pop, son and daughter. It could be argued that their family package is discrimination against non traditional families.

Once again Utep is behind the times and we suffer because of it.

Sent from my SM-T357T using CSNbbs mobile app

Family packs are usually just crappy seats they can't sell at a premium. I don't think they actually care if it's 4 friends or 4 sisters or whatever, do they? Who's checking to make sure only a traditional family is sitting in those seats? It's a section of the stadium at Marshall, the endzone corners. Not awful seats, but they aren't getting $35 a game for those so they offer a family deal on them. Pretty sure they don't care about the composition of the people that choose to purchase and use them.

I agree. No one is going to check at the time of purchase or at the time of entry into the stadium.
They absolutely do check. I know this because it happened to me the last time I had season tickets. I bought the family pack for my family which consist of me and my wife and two daughters. They would not let us in because my older daughter was over the age of 13 at the time and therefore, according to the ticket taker, could not use one of the tickets.

The following Monday, I went to the school and complained an it wasnt until then that they changed my tickets so that my daughter could attend the rest of the season.

However, they said the policy is for family packs was specifically for two adults and two children.

Sent from my SM-T357T using CSNbbs mobile app

I assume that you could have had one adult and three children?
I do find it odd that a 13 year old is considered an adult for ticket purposes. You would think that the cutoff would be 18 or 19. The age at which (hopefully) the kids are out of the house.
08-17-2017 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your School's Football Season Tickets Sold - Jacque - 08-17-2017 10:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.