Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me??
Bookmark and Share
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me??
(08-12-2017 10:29 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 09:44 AM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/pl...thern-miss

MSU perspective

therein lies the rub....nothing new here

Quote:The only program which will truly benefit from this series is the Southern Miss Golden Eagles. They will get a nice pay day for taking two road games against the Bulldogs and will have a shot, albeit a long one, to make a statement with a win against an SEC team.

For the Bulldogs, the best case scenario is you thump the Golden Eagles when the games take place but do nothing to change the perception of what kind of team you have. Southern Miss was a really good team in 2015, but when Mississippi State struggled to put them away to open the season, many thought the Bulldogs weren’t that great of a team because of it. You’re also giving recruits a chance to reconsider whether or not Southern Miss is a viable option for them should they do the improbable and beat the Bulldogs.

Mississippi State needs to play Group of 5 teams every year, and more likely than not, twice each season. In an effort to stay fiscally responsible, the Bulldogs usually do a 2-for-1 to keep from having to pay so much money to get these games scheduled.

Scheduling a Group of 5 team is not an issue. The issue is choosing to play one in-state that has a huge benefit to that team and almost none to Mississippi State. When these games take place, it’ll be fun for fans. But there isn’t any way to make a statement for Mississippi State in these games while Southern Miss can. And that’s the real problem with keeping this series going.

not sure what rub (for USM) you're talking about.

even this guy admits its a good deal for USM.

MSU (and UM) will always have the lose/lose perspective, bc it generally is (for them). Of course, as long as they are beating USM, they can get a small win out of it for MS recruiting. Shows the recruits that USM is indeed, "baby brother".
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 10:54 AM by Reggie Favre.)
08-12-2017 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me?? - TTT - 08-08-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me?? - Reggie Favre - 08-12-2017 10:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.