Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Let's Assume that the Final Phase in Realignment Is About the CFP
(08-10-2017 03:08 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 11:49 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 10:29 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 08:42 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 10:02 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Well Iger indicated today that Disney will be looking to invest in original product for its networks and that included sports. So maybe 18 isn't crazy if the Big 10 and PAC don't play ball and maybe 16 is in line if they do.

Anyway you cut it I like the odds of the SEC and ACC acquiring key properties if Disney opens the war chest to boost original inventory.

If Disney "opens the war chest" then Fox is done.

But what direction does ESPN go in? Split the B12 between the SEC & ACC or merge the brands with the PAC & own 3 power conferences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they'd have to wait a few years before they could own the PAC. Theoretically, they could buy the PACN at any time, but FOX still owns about half of the T1 and T2 content.

All that will be available at the next negotiation, but that won't be until about 2025.

FOX and ESPN merely lease the rights to the PAC. I think the distinction between leasing and purchasing the rights has to do with the authority to determine game times, and who is on the tube. But anyway it means the PAC retains more control and it is one reason that FOX and ESPN pay less.

Interesting.

The PAC certainly likes to have control.

It's also interesting that the PAC 2025 renegotiation date is in line with the end of the B12 GOR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-11-2017 06:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Let's Assume that the Final Phase in Realignment Is About the CFP - Lenvillecards - 08-11-2017 06:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.