Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bathroom Bills - Finally an example of a problem.
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: Bathroom Bills - Finally an example of a problem.
(07-16-2017 11:05 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(07-16-2017 10:59 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-15-2017 10:47 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Tom, simple question, and I ask for an honest answer from you.

You have voiced your support for a lifestyle, and believe strongly that this lifestyle is "appropriate". I have voiced my moral objections to this lifestyle, not ever asking nor demanding the arm of the law to take any action to minimize the rights of you or those that believe with you. As we both share First Amendment rights, why does your side demand my acceptance of your behavior that I find disagreeable when my side asks nothing more than to not be forced to participate in events or ceremonies demonstrating acceptance of your behavior that I find objectionable? Particularly when such challenges destroy private businesses. Why does your side insist that your rights trump mine? I'd respectfully request an honest answer

When LGBT persons enjoy the same protections as Christians, then you can ask me that question. It is illegal to deny public accommodations, housing, employment, or a multitude of other benefits because they are a Christian. It is LEGAL to discriminate against LGBT persons in most of the country.

My rights should EQUAL yours.

I must have missed that. When did Christians become a "protected group" under the law?

Federal Law prohibits discrimination in public accommodations, housing, employment and a multitude of other areas on the basis of RELIGION. If you feel that you've been discriminated against because you are Christian, you have a legal mechanism to sue, and even can go to the EEOC.

The more you know.

Gays cannot sue because the discrimination is LEGAL.
07-16-2017 11:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bathroom Bills - Finally an example of a problem. - Tom in Lazybrook - 07-16-2017 11:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.