Bookmark and Share
IAH Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
RE: North Texas/Houston Sign 2 Game Series
(06-07-2017 08:17 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 12:58 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 09:03 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 05:55 PM)techdawg28 Wrote:  There it is. The 2019 UH game will replace the would-have-been 2019 Army game. Seems like a better option to me.

The optics of dropping two Army games for two Liberty games may not be great, but I think picking up this UH series more than validates it. IMO UNT's schedule is better off than before.

Hopefully UNT will be improved enough by then to make this an exciting match up! GMG

Not really, Army would have brought out a much better crowd and local fan interest than Houston. Nobody cares about Houston in DFW

outside of texas (& west louisana) id agree but you have zero clue if you think this is true within texas...vs Houston is top 4 attended if not #1 for every g5 texas team...

we bring the most fans of any teams willing to travel to their stadium, about 3-5k.
i guarantee youd have said the same thing that nobody cares about houston in the austin area...except our game was completely sold out for texas state and had 3k people in standing room only (highest attended game ever for texas state)

houston vs unt is still unt's most attended game ever
not including utsa first ever year, where every game was doing crazy numbers, we are the #4 most attended home utsa game outside of year 1 (arizona beat us by a 100 people, another was a top 10 Oklahoma st)

you have zero clue about what you are talking about..unt, utsa texas state have all claimed they want to be rivals with us, their fans come out of the woodworks to trash talk whenever we play them..san antonios mayor makes a jersey bet with houstons mayor everytime we play...

We all believe Houston would generate more interest than Norte Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Michigan. What about UT, A&M? When you talk about bringing in a splashy opponent UH is way down the list.

More people watch SEC and Big 12 in Houston than UH (proven by top 20 chart) much less in DFW where UH is just an after thought. For a regional G5 opponent, yes Houston is good opponent but nowhere near the opponent UNT fans were expecting. I'm sure it will be a decent crowd with the local UH alumni but so would Army. And Army would have generated interest among local Vets, soldiers from Fort Hood and they could have a military appreciation day and showcased their university for potential students.

Ruston is not much further than Denton and Houston brought a smaller crowd than quite a few regional G5 opponents

BTW You are referring to UNT first game ever in their new stadium. It wasn't because they were playing UH, yeah you forgot to mention that part 03-lmfao

Good job making you point by just making stuff up... No one is saying UH is a more attractive opponent than Ohio State. But it more attractive than Army, and I think more attracted than P5 bottom feeders

What's your issue with UH? Is this some kind of inferiority syndrome?
06-07-2017 08:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Texas/Houston Sign 2 Game Series - IAH - 06-07-2017 08:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.