Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bearcats Recognized in Pre Season Basketball Rankings
Bookmark and Share
skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Bearcats Recognized in Summer Basketball Rankings
(06-13-2017 07:32 AM)BigDawg Wrote:  
(06-13-2017 07:24 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  What's the rest of the AAC look like this year? Is UC the preseason favorite? What does SMU have returning?

Wichita State is a top 10 team and being touted as the favorite with UC 2nd. SMU is expected in the hunt as well.

Personally I think UC should be the favorite as Wichita State isn't used to be tested more than 2 or 3 times a year in conference. When half them teams in your new conference are better than the 2nd best team in your old conference, who knows what to expect. Heck I would bet our worst teams would probably finish top 3 in their old conference. Don't get me wrong, Wichita State should be really good, but being the hunted in a conference with more firepower is much bigger than being the hunted in the Missouri Valley when only a team or two have a legit chance to upset you.

The other thing I think will potentially bother them the first year is the travel. The MVC was a legitimately regional conference. I doubt they had to go more than 150 miles to any of their games. Now they will be flying to UConn on a monday and Tampa on a saturday. That is going to have an effect on them, especially the first year.

06-13-2017 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bearcats Recognized in Summer Basketball Rankings - skylinecat - 06-13-2017 08:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.