Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is it just me?
Frank the Tank Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
RE: Is it just me?
(05-18-2017 05:23 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  My best man ran track at EKU in the late 70's/ early 80's. As is the case today UK and EKU athletes hang together usually workout together. He got to be good friends with a guy that got taken ahead of Michael Jordan in the draft the year Jordan came out. He said the guy had mounds of coke on a table in the Wildcat Lodge that looked like 5lb bags of sugar.

Another friend played football for Jerry Claiborne at UK. He told me the year he came out Louisville offered him a car. Bob Weber offered him a used Monte Carlo. We still laugh about that.

As big a Louisville fan as I am, I don't buy that Rick didn't have some kind of inkling about what was going on in Mardi Hall. It just doesn't make sense. Everything players do or eat is controlled except for a very small amount of personal time. I just don't buy it.

With all that being said every college program in the country has some level of non-compliance. Anyone that believes otherwise is at least naïve or worse foolish. Most of course don't reach the level of PSU (that I consider much worse than Baylor BTW). The amount of rules that the NCAA has it's difficult for programs not to fracture a few rules. Most get reported but many don't.
CJ

Agreed. I know it's cynical, but I believe that the reason why threats of the death penalty or a conference kicking out a school are completely empty is that every Division I school out there would have NCAA violations if they were investigated. Every school knows that they would be hypocrites casting the first stone and they don't want the light to be shone on their own programs.

Just think about how much the captain of the football team or a star athlete at even your average high school can get away with compared to the average student. You can multiply that times 1000 at the college level (especially with millions of dollars on the line).

Furthermore, if a league were to actually entertain the thought of kicking out a school (which I think is a non-starter message board fantasy in situations like Baylor and the Big 12), it's not as if though the school getting kicked out is going away quietly. If Baylor was kicked out of the Big 12 on the basis of these lawsuits, you can guarantee that school in the Big 12 would get subpoenas for records of sexual misconduct of their own athletes and it would get ugly VERY fast. No school wants that to happen because they all know that they're dirty at some level. That's not to say that Baylor deserves to get away with nothing happening to them, but people need to see the context in which the other schools aren't thinking "Baylor is awful", but rather "I'm glad *we're* not being investigated".
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 09:55 AM by Frank the Tank.)
05-18-2017 09:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is it just me? - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 05-17-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Is it just me? - chargeradio - 05-17-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: Is it just me? - C2__ - 05-17-2017, 08:36 PM
RE: Is it just me? - templefootballfan - 05-17-2017, 10:06 PM
RE: Is it just me? - BearcatJerry - 05-17-2017, 10:19 PM
RE: Is it just me? - oliveandblue - 05-17-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: Is it just me? - ken d - 05-18-2017, 08:57 AM
RE: Is it just me? - oliveandblue - 05-18-2017, 10:36 AM
RE: Is it just me? - YNot - 05-18-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Is it just me? - DoubleRSU - 05-19-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: Is it just me? - templefootballfan - 05-18-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: Is it just me? - CardinalJim - 05-18-2017, 05:23 AM
RE: Is it just me? - Frank the Tank - 05-18-2017 09:12 AM
RE: Is it just me? - miko33 - 05-18-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: Is it just me? - DavidSt - 05-18-2017, 05:53 AM
RE: Is it just me? - Captain Bearcat - 05-19-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: Is it just me? - Frank the Tank - 05-18-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: Is it just me? - bullet - 05-18-2017, 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.