Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Chance of a Northern League forming?
Almost guaranteed
More than 33%
1 - 33 % - good idea
Almost nil
Incredibly stupid
[Show Results]

Will The Summit League be reformed as a Northern League??
NDBison Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NDSU
RE: Will The Summit League be reformed as a Northern League??
(05-07-2017 03:03 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 02:52 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 01:27 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  I don't think the Summit is attractive to the Montanas and Idaho.

I think the Summit's future is as a northern league but not a northern league that stretches to the Pacific Northwest.

When the next member departs the Dakota 4, Omaha, and Denver will hold a super majority and be able to guide the future of the league. I see future members being schools like Minn St Mankato, Minn-Duluth, St Cloud St, N Colorado, and UMKC.

If there is a dramatic change among the Montanas and Idaho I would expect something more along the lines of the Northern Big Sky schools seperating from the less prestigious southern ones.
It would take a pretty serious change in direction, but the Summit League could take over the NCHC. Adding Minnesota-Duluth and Saint Cloud State would give the Summit five for hockey. Colorado College would have no other option but to follow as a hockey-only member. Western Michigan and Miami would probably fall in line as well. The Minnesota schools could drop football and add men's soccer as part of their Division I transition. The schools that have baseball would be under no obligation to continue sponsoring that sport as well.

I agree. Taking over the NCHC should be a goal of the Summit going forward and I think the 3 current hockey schools will use the power of their votes to achieve it. I guess the big question is would the Minnesota hockey schools be able to bring their football up to FCS?

Zero chance any of them could make FCS football work or at least scholarship football. They would need to go the Omaha route.
05-07-2017 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will The Summit League be reformed as a Northern League?? - NDBison - 05-07-2017 05:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.