DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
RE: Chuck Staben is a Dirty, Filthy, Stinking Liar
(04-18-2017 07:42 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 07:24 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 05:34 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 05:18 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 05:06 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  "Paper trails of emails"---was there such thing as email in late 80's and early 90's when those two were dropping football? I'd love to see those old emails

Long Beach State 1991 was the last year, and Fullerton State was 1992.
E-mail is over 40 years old founded in 1971.
Bitnet in the 1980s is an email based program created for education or schools to use.
ARPANet was the forerunner of Internet.
Microsoft have an email program in their Windows Dos program in the 1980s.
MCI also had a program in the 1980s.
Yes, academics had a wide range of use of emails through the 1980s. Usually between departments and inside departments including the athletic's department.

"Email is over 40 years old" I didnt get my first email account 1996. 21 years ago. I had never heard of it until that year. I call bull ship David

Yep, although it may have "been around" before 1995, virtually no one used it prior to then. 1996 was also the exact year we first started using email. I worked for a US government agency then, and that was the first year everyone started using email. Heck, we were using typewriters and typing out memos in the early 90's.

That's what I thought.
I called Bullship DaveySt, and I stand by what I said. I don't believe there's any emails regarding Fullerton etc dropping football.

http://www.nethistory.info/History%20of%...email.html

That site listed MIT implemented an email type program back in 1965. It evolved through the years where the military was using the type of emila back in the 1970s. Not everybody got an email until like the 1990 to early 2000s, but the US government and government run schools used them as early as the 1960s. Schools like Long Beach State and others would have such programs in place before any of us would.
04-18-2017 10:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chuck Staben is a Dirty, Filthy, Stinking Liar - DavidSt - 04-18-2017 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.