Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next Baseball Coach - who do you want?
RiceOwl Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: rice
RE: Next Baseball Coach - who do you want?
(04-05-2017 09:54 AM)justahooter Wrote:  Once upon a time I spent 6 months of every year for several years dragging young players all over the country for the coaches to see.....one of those was Tim Corbin. A personable individual that didn't care about my baseball lineage or lack thereof. He already knew who was a player and who was not. His question to me on several occasions was "what was the mental makeup of the player". In a particular noteworthy conversation several years ago this question was asked. My response was that they young man in question had stayed with me on multiple road trips as well as my home.....he was welcome anytime. Corbin's response was "good enough for me". The young man had a stellar career at Vandy. That's what Corbin's secret is.

Ah so maybe the OG should have been hosting sleep overs all along!?

In all seriousness though, that is a cool story. Kudos to you for being a part of that player's career.
04-05-2017 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Baseball Coach - who do you want? - RiceOwl - 04-05-2017 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.