Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Sanctuary City Fail - We Must Cancel Cinco de Mayo
(03-20-2017 12:12 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(03-20-2017 11:46 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(03-20-2017 11:27 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(03-20-2017 11:16 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(03-20-2017 11:01 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Just heard a report on the news this morning on a study that was done on the five largest sanctuary cities. The report finds that each of these cities account for 18 percent of the entire manufacturing production of the United States. Their population is younger than the national average and have less people on social services than the national average.
All told, the 5 larges sanctuary cities, rather than being a drag on the economy, actually pull more than their weight for this country.
Who did this study? I'm guessing it's somebody with an agenda who stacked the deck to get the result that he/she wanted.
And this result doesn't suggest that being a sanctuary city improves your economy. My guess is that they were in pretty much the same place economically before they became sanctuary cities. Would that be a good guess?
You may not be far off. Unfortunately, I caught the interview in the middle and didn't get a chance to find out who conducted the study. Otherwise, I would have looked it up and linked it here.
While I realize that most don't consider the economics when it comes to this issue, I think it's important to understand.
Changes in immigration policy will have economic consequences that people should consider.
I'm in favor of permanent guest worker status, but no citizenship for anyone who came here illegally.
Why? Why would you deny someone citizens because they in essence committed a misdemeanor?

Because I don't believe that they should profit from their illegal behavior.
03-20-2017 12:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sanctuary City Fail - We Must Cancel Cinco de Mayo - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-20-2017 12:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.