Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
ESPN Makes Lot of Money Off of UConn Women's Basketball So Why Not Back UConn Into P5
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: ESPN Makes Lot of Money Off of UConn Women's Basketball So Why Not Back UConn Into P5
(02-16-2017 10:23 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(02-16-2017 10:10 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(02-16-2017 09:58 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(02-16-2017 02:06 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(02-16-2017 01:54 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  UCONN sucks/doesn't matter/is insignificant/is non-P5 worthy...yet consistently has the most threads with the greatest amount of views/posts.

Better to be talked about than completely ignored.

[Image: keep-calm-and-be-gone-with-the-wind-fabulous-31.jpg]

Nobody here with any credibility thinks that UConn sucks. Your post is hyperbole that only obfuscates the issue. You were a recent addition to FBS in football. The program has not matured into one that can average the attendance, or command the TV audience that the Big 10 / SEC / or even ACC would require. Football is 80% plus of most conferences revenue package.

Nobody here thinks UConn is anything but stellar in basketball with regards to both the men's and women's teams. It is solid academically, but it wants to be a part of organizations that derive the vast majority of their income from football. They can't include a program unless that program can at least equal the current contract value of the other schools in the conference.

What you and other Husky fans bemoan and call trolling, or call insulting, or insinuate is a disingenuous stance by others, is merely nothing but a business matter. When UConn athletics pay their own way there will be conferences that want your school in their membership roster. But until that happens they don't.

And that is the long and short of that matter. All of this is about revenue. Add to the revenue and you are in. Detract from the revenue and you are not. And 80% of the revenue is earned on the gridiron! It is what it is and it has absolutely nothing to do with how great you are in that part of athletics that earns 20% or less of a conference's revenue total.

Ahem...Kaplony, XLance, westwolf, Frank the Tank, TerryD, domer, Lumberpack, the majority of Louisville fans, the majority of Rutgers fans...shall I continue? Or will you concede the point?

And in what manner, and in response to what were these slights presented? BTW, I do notice that almost all of them are either ACC or Big 10 guys. Have any PAC, Big 12, or SEC guys run you down?

The reason I ask is because of the bad blood going back to a certain lawsuit. Outside of that UConn has been way too touchy of a subject around here. Perhaps you do deserve your own realignment board.

My point, which you seemed to miss, is that those posters constantly belittle/denigrate UCONN. Take Terry and domer. They delight in sh*tting on UCONN. Why? No idea. Frank is the worst, IMO. He constantly tells everyone how much UCONN sucks, only he does it in a passive/aggressive way. You, an SEC poster, takes it upon yourself to stifle UCONN fans from engaging in those who think we suck. So there's the SEC fan you're looking for. WVU posters, who aren't really here anymore, would constantly point out our suckiness. So there's your Big 12 fan.

I've never denigrated UConn or its people. But I am sick and tired of the whining that goes on constantly from several of you, from unsubstantiated claims of bias and victimization which is typical of trolls when they are caught, and of the constant harangue against all things P5.

It's old, it's constant, it's irritating, and it will end. You didn't make it into a P conference because you simply don't add enough revenue wise to make it so. Like I said earlier it is a simple matter of business economics.

You can call that unfair but it is part of the free market. Every school is assessed a value. Frank the Tank does everything pretty much on value and fit. Right now you don't add enough value for the Big 10. You are no fit for the SEC culturally. The PAC is too far. The Big 12 passed. And the ACC doesn't want you because you don't add enough value there. They needed more football creds and they found it in Louisville and by building up existing product.

That's all there is to it, all there will ever be to it. And I'm sorry it didn't work out for you guys but that's life.

I grew up with an old saying. If you have a problem go to a wiser person and share it with them the very first day it becomes a problem. If tomorrow it is still a problem share it again with them and seek their advice. If you still have the problem on day three it is a fact of life. Deal with it.

We are well past day 3. I'd say the issue is a fact of life and we have been listening to a few of you gripe about it for what, 5 years now. Enough!

Nobody here decided that football would be the money sport. The public did, so the advertisers did, so ESPN & FOX did, and it is what it is. Nobody here decided not to invite UConn to a P conference. The presidents and commissioners decided that after consulting the networks about valuation.

That's the extent of the conspiracy against your school. It's a conspiracy of economic facts found and sustained by those who pay for the product. Take up your angst over that with the network execs and leave the posters on this board alone.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2017 10:52 PM by JRsec.)
02-16-2017 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Throws Like a Girl - green - 02-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Pecking Order - green - 02-15-2017, 11:18 AM
Go Long - green - 02-15-2017, 12:05 PM
Double Take - green - 02-16-2017, 12:44 PM
RE: ESPN Makes Lot of Money Off of UConn Women's Basketball So Why Not Back UConn Into P5 - JRsec - 02-16-2017 10:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.