Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Everett Withers....
Bookmark and Share
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: I would like to take this opportunity to thank Everett Withers....
I think my reasons for disliking him are pretty reasonable.
1- He was a defensive coach that couldn't coach his position. I don't make that comment without the supporting comments from Houston and his staff. Many times it was said how little the defensive players truly knew about playing defense. "Gap integrity" wasn't being taught, and if it was they didn't know what it was.
2- He was burning bridges in recruiting circles. He was giving offers to players and pulling them. There was an article (the RTD?) that expressed this and JMU was getting a bad reputation among HS coaches. Imagine what may have happened in a few more years.
3- Attitude to those outside his circle/sore loser. We all didn't care for our beat writer, but that doesn't mean that you belittle the guy. He screwed up by interviewing players without permission (not cool) and Withers ran him over publicly for it. When your spouse goes on public media after leaving JMU, it was a lack of class and not only made her look bad, but him as well.
Many of you seem to have forgotten his post game conferences after a loss. Instead of taking the loss like a man, he acted like a child.

There is no doubt Withers did some great things for us. He was a guy that gave JMU a shot in the arm and brought excitement back to the program. But you can only hold on to that for so long before the results prove otherwise. I don't just dislike him for what he did, but what he might have done to this program if he had stayed longer. Yes, we will never know (thank god), but there were too many red flags to suggest this program would have been hurting.
He left at the perfect time for him. His stock was high and he struck. I don't blame him for that.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 12:45 PM by JMad03.)
01-12-2017 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I would like to take this opportunity to thank Everett Withers.... - JMad03 - 01-12-2017 12:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.