Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What would you do?
Invite current FCS schools
Force Arlington and/or Little Rock to start football
Invite football only schools like NMSU, Idaho, and/or UMass
No new football teams, even if two schools left conference
[Show Results]

if Sun Belt were to expand, what's your ideal result?
Bookmark and Share
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
RE: if Sun Belt were to expand, what's your ideal result?
(03-30-2017 05:07 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(03-29-2017 11:10 AM)LatahCounty Wrote:  
(03-29-2017 06:38 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(03-29-2017 03:03 AM)Olde Hate Wrote:  Shouldn't we be looking for schools to fill the future void in the west? Schools like Central Arkansas, Mizzou State, Sam Houston State, McNeese State would be good additions in the west.

I just threw up a little bit. We might as well just drop back down to FCS as a conference

I don't like but accept the reasoning behind the idea that the Sun Belt is better off with 10 football schools. But if you guys kick out a school that went bowling last year and is about to go again this year and then turn around and call up FCS schools you all need your heads examined.

It's not going to matter for Idaho one day. The WAC is going to bring back football, or some other western conference is going to form in the future. The only place an FCS school can move up to out West is the MWC, and there is no room.

There's going to come a day when schools like North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Eastern Washington, and Montana will want to make a move to FBS. Idaho and NMSU could potentially be involved in that scenario. The only option is to go to the MWC (which won't happen), revive WAC football and be invited there, or create some sort of new Big Sky Conference in FBS.

Maybe. Montana doesn't actually have a lot of incentive to change what they're doing and EWU is already operating at just about the top of their range. But I do believe there aren't enough FBS conferences in the west and at some point another one will form. I just don't know when that might be. I'd guess it's at least 5-7 years away.
03-30-2017 05:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: if Sun Belt were to expand, what's your ideal result? - LatahCounty - 03-30-2017 05:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.