Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The right has its own version of political correctness.
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: The right has its own version of political correctness.
(12-09-2016 08:24 PM)Gakusei Wrote:  What I took from your original point was that there are just as many bad people in BLM as there are bad people against BLM. If that isn't what you meant, then I missed it.

'the numbers' don't matter. If you don't believe that there are some total racist pricks in BLM, you're not paying attention.

Quote:It's all about race to you. Go screw yourself if you're going to play this game. The people we're talking about who live in crime ridden areas don't live in nice areas. I don't care what their race is.

What? When did the topic change from Black Lives Matter?[/quote]

You keep going back and forth when it suits you about this being about race or not.

Not wanting cops to kill innocent people ISN'T a racial issue.... UNTIL people like you and BLM make it so.

Quote:Ok, so your argument then is it's ok to violate rights of any race so long as it's a bad area?

More racist bull****.

The police are more aggressive because the criminals are more aggressive. Has nothing to do with the race of the cops OR the criminals OR the innocents in the area. Only the dangerous criminal activity.

If you can't understand that, then you're not worth talking to.

Quote:What I'm saying is that constitutional rights do not end at the railroad tracks.

Nobody said they do. The constitution also hinges on 'reasonable' actions. Obviously it isn't reasonable to pull a gun on someone you think has an expired car registration. It IS reasonable to pull a gun on someone you think has a gun, especially if you think they have or would use it against you or another citizen.

Whether the neighborhood is white or black or brown or green makes no difference. What makes the difference is the pervasiveness of dangerous criminals.

Again, stop feigning ignorance in what seems to be a constant effort to paint reasonable people like me as racists.

Quote:Again, because this is a way of life for them. Is every situation justification for outrage? No. It's not, "We're upset because of this one event!" It's, "here's yet another example of what we've been seeing for decades."

That's fine, except for the numerous times when it ISN'T an example of what they've seen for decades... because the shooting was justified... especially if it is used to justify random shootings of cops against whom (individually) no such accusations have been made.

As I've repeatedly said... if you want me on your side, you have to make it matter to me. People using such things as an excuse for random shooting or even just abuse and accusations of cops doesn't do that.... because I rely on the cops to protect me from criminals.

Quote:
Quote:No evidence that 'no one cares'. That's the entire myth of BLM. The presumption is that somewhere someone has said they don't. As I said, when you present those people, I'll join you in shunning/arresting/whatever it takes those people. In fact while i don't buy into it, that's precisely why some people talk about the thousands of black lives in places like Chicago taken by mostly gang violence. Do black lives matter? Or do they only matter if someone can claim racism was the driver?

But we're talking about two separate things. BLM is a reaction to systemic racism. Your last part about gang violence is a deflection, so it's good you don't buy into it.

So you admit that BLM is entirely about race... and while many support it in the grander 'common good' sense, many of them do not... and PART of that racism is focused against the people we employ to protect us to criminals.

The TRULY stupid thing is the argument that 'all lives matter' is a bad response.
How the HELL is that a bad idea?

That's no different than the difference between 'equality' and 'affirmative action'. Since you agree that people put themselves first, you know that asking someone to put themselves at a disadvantage for jobs or education or anything else to 'make up for' something they were never responsible for in the first place is going to get resistance... and that doesn't make the resistors 'racists', which is the repeated claim.

and yes, blue lives matter because we've hired them to put their lives at risk to protect us. Thus if THEIR lives don't matter, then OUR COLLECTIVE lives are at risk. That's a job, not a race. No different from how many people think our military should be treated 'better than average' because of the risk at which they place themselves on our behalf.

That doesn't mean they should be allowed to be racists.
12-10-2016 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The right has its own version of political correctness. - Hambone10 - 12-10-2016 01:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.