Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ugly ugly weekend for the conference
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Ugly ugly weekend for the conference
(09-25-2016 12:33 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(09-25-2016 11:25 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Nobody knows who we have beaten. Most schools have only played 3-4 games---many of which are FCS games or body bag games vs the P5. Let's see how our opponents do in conference before dismissing them as crap. That said, it's not like we put our champion vs the dregs of the rest of the G5. The bottom teams in our conference played G5's and won as well (that's why an undefeated record vs the rest of the G5 conferences is pretty telling).

Frankly, while Houston helps, it isn't the REAL difference. The REAL difference is the AAC is fairly solid top to bottom. There isn't really a complete dumpster fire in the AAC. It's week 4 and the AAC doesn't have a single team under .500.

I wouldn't be surprised if the overall conference is better this year than it was last year---but ends up with fewer ranked teams. This is why athletic budgets are important. It has allowed the overall level of coaching in the league to improve significantly, which has quickly improved the bottom of the conference,

I agree with this. Not a single team outside the top 100 and that is what separates the AAC from all of the other non-power conferences. And more top 50s than any other league as well.

All I'm saying here is that anyone who was overly disappointed in this weekend just doesn't have a realistic image of what this conference really is. There is certainly not anything to suggest this isn't the best non-power league yet.

Im not sure what you are seeing as unreasonable expectations. I think there were certainly a couple of winnable games vs the P5 for the AAC this week. I thought UConn had an excellent chance to win. USF was a long shot, but I thought they might catch a Florida State team in disarray---instead it looks like Florida State has righted the ship. The only place we seemed to be really off on was ECU. I thought the Pirates would give them a game, and they were not even remotely competitive.
09-25-2016 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ugly ugly weekend for the conference - Attackcoog - 09-25-2016 01:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.