Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Berry Tramel (Oklahoman): "I don't think there's going to be an expansion"
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
RE: Berry Tramel (Oklahoman): "I don't think there's going to be an expansion"
(09-14-2016 01:01 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  10th,

Well, it's guaranteed is that he's not saying this: "well if we lose OU and UT it's cool, the Big 12 will implode and ISU won't be in a P league anymore, but oh well, that's life am I right???"

Of course not. He will be proactive. Adding Cincy and Houston doesn't guarantee the Big 12 will survive, but not adding anyone does guarantee the conference will implode.

it actually does not guarantee that at all

and even IF UT and OU were to leave and the Big 12 stayed as a conference big deal for the teams that are left they are now in the AAC or the MWC with a different name

that is like pretending that Cincy and UConn would not be looking to get out of the AAC if the AAC was still called the Big East and the finances were the same now and the only difference was the name

the viability of the Big 12 revolves around the financial competitiveness of the Big 12 and there is nothing that expansion does for that especially long term and even in the current contract situation expansion just means AT BEST the current members of the Big 12 make a small amount of new money that would be almost meaningless as far as overall financial competitiveness so they could have a two tier financial conference and a lot of unknowns about financial competitiveness of the conference at the end of the media contracts
09-14-2016 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Berry Tramel (Oklahoman): "I don't think there's going to be an expansion" - TodgeRodge - 09-14-2016 01:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.