Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

1995 Bearcat Football Team
Bookmark and Share
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
1995 Bearcat Football Team
I've talked about this team a bunch in the past. It's a team I always thought was really unlucky to only finish 6-5. It's a team that was consistently competative, loaded on defense and a joy to watch. I firmly believe they were the best Bearcat team of the pre-Brian Kelly era (though Dantonio's last team was probably there by the end of the season as well). Sadly they lost to a top notch Kstate team on a 30 yard pass on the last play, lost a winable game over a top 15 caliber Kansas team, lost to really good Miami and Toledo teams and their one bad performance was a loss to Kentucky. They also beat top 15 caliber VT (shutout on the road) and very good ECU/Southern Miss teams. Fun season.

Bill Connolly over at SB nation is one of my favorite college football writers and he has been going back revisiting various seasons. He was talking about the Nebraska and Northwestern teams from that year, but he included his computer ranking based on the seasons results. Fascinatingly that 6-5 UC team was the 19th best team in the country according to his rankings. Much of their schedule was rated very highly as well (3 top 15, a few others between 20-45). Here is a link if you're interested.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2016/4/...1461180731

Also...Brad Jackson was the man. and her are some other notables:

Robert Tate, Sam Garnes, Artrell Hawkins, Orlando Smith, Anthony Ladd

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 03:13 PM by bearcatmark.)
04-20-2016 03:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
1995 Bearcat Football Team - bearcatmark - 04-20-2016 03:11 PM
RE: 1995 Bearcat Football Team - rosewater - 04-20-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: 1995 Bearcat Football Team - rtaylor - 05-17-2016, 08:44 PM
RE: 1995 Bearcat Football Team - jarr - 04-20-2016, 10:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.