2nd String

I Root For: Providence
RE: NY Times: Nationwide NBE May Be The Only Hope
(04-12-2016 01:02 PM)YNot Wrote:  NBE

NORTH DIVISION: Providence, *UConn*, St. John's, Seton Hall
EAST DIVISION: Villanova, Georgetown, Xavier, *Cincinnati*
MIDWEST DIVISION: Depaul, Marquette, Butler, Creighton
WEST DIVISION: *Gonzaga*, *BYU*, *St. Mary's*, *San Diego St.*

18-game conference schedule. 6 games (H-H) against the 3 schools in your division; 12 games against the rest of the conference (1 game per year, rotating home-away).

To limit travel costs and concerns, structure schedules so that there are only THREE 2-game road trips outside of your division. So, current Big East schools only have one 2-game West Coast road trip per season.

Division winners get automatic bye to BE tournament quarterfinals.

UConn, Cincinnati, San Diego St., and BYU = independent in football, but with some collaboration for media deals, late-season scheduling and bowl affiliations.
I'm not gonna say this is a pipe dream, but I will say this is a very long shot.

The B12 drama is whats making this feasible. Add to that the cord cutting revenue loss projections and all conferences could be in for a major shake up. The BE has the brand that will draw eyes weather its on cable tv or internet streams.
As of right now the NBE can have any non-football school it wants.

I will go a little farther then what has been suggested and give a wink to Notre Dame and Boston College as part of a Big East 4.0 - If the B12 dissolves and only 4 all new Super conferences that follow a NFL scheduling model, The ACC has teams that will be coveted and teams that are left behind. I see all pubic university's getting preferential spots over sub par teams like Boston College. Notre Dame would be perfectly at home with indy football and parked sports in other conferences.

NBE (less likely but possible)
Providence | Boston | UCONN | St. Johns | VCU
Creighton | Notre Dame | DePaul | Marquette | Butler
Villanova | Georgetown | Xavier | Seton Hall | Temple

because the old format of content is not the idea of future, but quality over quantity is, you don't need the West Coast counterpart.
Teams to also consider are : Memphis | Cincinnati | Wichita St. | and any other A10
05-12-2016 09:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NY Times: Nationwide NBE May Be The Only Hope - FriarTuck420 - 05-12-2016 09:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.