Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CBS: Big XII Payout was $9.4 Million per school less than the SEC...
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
RE: CBS: Big XII Payout was $9.4 Million per school less than the SEC...
(02-22-2016 03:36 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  
(02-22-2016 01:22 PM)GTTiger Wrote:  Let's face it...

It's the Big 2, not he Power 5.

The Big 12, Pac 12, and ACC are all scrambling to try and find ways to try and stay in the ballpark of the Big 2.

Wake me when the SEC and Big 10 are 2 conferences of 32 teams.

It's not lost on me that with $21M in Big 12 distribution, UT actually makes $36M per year. It's not hurting compared to the SEC or Big 10. It makes MORE than schools in those leagues.

That said, the rise of the SEC Network combined with the new Big 10 rights package being negotiated right now will put tremendous pressure on the other 3 leagues.

It will be interesting to see how they react.

Only the Pac 12 is insulated geographically from poaching. As a result, the most likely outcome is three super conferences of 20-24 teams each: SEC, Big 10 and Pac 12.

Oh BTW, three super conferences of 20-24 teams have more bargaining power with the networks than six power conferences of 10-12 teams. Thus the reason for the consolidation.

I see the PAC 12 as the odd man out...I don't know who they could add...

If the ACC and Big XII powers got together along with Notre Dame, they could easily be a top conference
02-24-2016 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS: Big XII Payout was $9.4 Million per school less than the SEC... - EvilVodka - 02-24-2016 10:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.