Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Let's play with this major realignment senario
Bookmark and Share
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
Toungue Let's play with this major realignment senario
MHver3 ‏@MHver3 2h2 hours ago
Cincy and Uconn both have representatives attending B12 meetings for at least part of the day tomorrow.not sure who is there but someone is

Also heard that UT will be "made whole" mostly from graduated rate the new additions will be paid.

Tier 1 and 2 revenue will go up pro rata but new teams will get less than 55% first year and won't reach 100% until year 5

This includes all other streams of revenues as well

Lots of info to share now. Don't know where to start. Good stuff. Bear with me because I'm kind of busy right now.

ESPN rep was very forthcoming about quite a bit of things.

ESPN needs UT and the B12.

ESPN is not going to be able to afford the next B10 contract-Numbers being thrown around by other networks dwarf what ESPN can pay

ESPN also knows it is going to lose schools from ACC to B10-big deal schools on the Bball side

And big markets that give good Ratings.

Getting Cincy in the B12 helps keep an Ohio presence for ESPN college football.

ESPN needs to protect what it has with ACC and B12 but does not want a merger if ACC loses schools to B10-can't afford to pay(cont)

(Cont) competitive shares to 20 schools in a mega conf.

ESPN will let B12 and SEC get the big programs left in ACC(UM FSU Clemson VT) and refill the ACC remnants with AAC teams and pay them less

ESPN will let B12 and SEC get the big programs left in ACC(UM FSU Clemson VT) and refill the ACC remnants with AAC teams and pay them less

ESPN wants Uconn in B12 for TV market purposes for the LHN/B12N. Simple as that. Also gives B12 another blueblood in BB

ACC GOR is going to be a non-issue since ACCN was not created. It can be beaten in court now.

@agentmdo Uconn has NYC and the state of Connecticut. It alone almost doubles the B12 market penetration.

ESPN wants sec and B12 to play nice. Needs them to stay strong.backdoor deals with sec that 2 schools in B12 were working on(cont)

(Cont) will not be endorsed by ESPN and will be fought.

Not bad. If I had to guess, I would assume the following movement given the above, if it's true:

B1G: would add UVA, UNC, Duke, and GT.

SEC: would add VT, OU, WVU, NC State

B12: retains Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor, OSU, Kansas, TCU, Tech, Texas
B12: adds Cincy, UConn, FSU, Clemson, Louisville, Miami

B1G and SEC would sit at 18 members while B12 at 14. ND could help shape the leftover ACC and remain an independent in football while working themselves into a chance to play in that conference's CCG.

I took two teams from the B12 and added them to the SEC as Mhver3 mentioned that there were two back door deals that ESPN wouldn't like. I'm assuming the SEC would use TV and market values of FSU and Clemson as leverage to pry OU out. B12 might agree to that deal as long as anther school also goes, assuming WVU is the other one looking around.

As an easy reference, use this link to organized the movements:
http://res.dallasnews.com/graphics/2011_09/realignment/
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 09:28 PM by murrdcu.)
02-04-2016 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Let's play with this major realignment senario - murrdcu - 02-04-2016 09:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.