Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Myles Jack leaving UCLA shows why players shouldn't get paid
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Myles Jack leaving UCLA shows why players shouldn't get paid
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca.../73453596/

I'll start off by saying I don't know the reason he's leaving for sure but he still has a chance to get an education at a world class institution. Why not stay and finish up his degree?

That's because he's not there for a degree. He was there to star at football at UCLA and use them for publicity and highlight tapes for the NFL.

What I'm saying is that this is a two-way street. The institutions exploit and rip off the student athletes but so do the athletes exploit the schools.

I'm all for arguments that the athletes should be paid in various ways beyond a stipend because it's sucks being a broke college student, especially one that can't get a job while attending (with plenty of these athletes coming from impoverished backgrounds) but it should also be recognized that in the high profile sports, the athletes are using the school as much as the other way around.

That is all.
10-07-2015 01:13 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Myles Jack leaving UCLA shows why players shouldn't get paid - C2__ - 10-07-2015 01:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.