Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fourth Down Conversions
Bookmark and Share
Towson2012 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Towson
RE: Fourth Down Conversions
(09-29-2015 12:02 PM)TigerNation82 Wrote:  I agree that the line was a big part of the success in 2011, 2012 and 2013. I am disappointed that we have not been able to build on that success with consistent talent coming in and developing. Back to back losing seasons after a trip to the NCAA Championship game is unacceptable for me. It's not like the schedule last year was daunting, and to lead off the home season at Unitas with a loss to Central Connecticut State was one of the worst losses I have seen and that dates back to the late 70's. Rhode Island was a close second.

The main point of my point was not the record without West, it was the lack of consistency in recruiting, player development, play calling, special teams, defense, quarterback play.

If we were recruiting based off a strategic road map, we would have less personnel issues when the injuries come, and they come to every program.

If player development was taking place, we would not have the issues at QB. 7 recruiting classes and not a single true freshman difference maker at that position. 0-fer.

The going for it on 4th down stuff is out of control. That's play calling for me, along with not being able to adjust the game plan based on available personnel.

Special teams are consistently average, even in the years we were winning.

Defense is average to below, again, but that too is on recruiting, game plan, and development.

Any gains that were made with the 2011, 2012 and 2013 seasons are now going to be losing steam with fans other than students, with media, with donors. You now have one poor season and potentially another crummy campaign back to back, which means 2/3 of the returning students on campus next year will have no frame of reference to winning football. That's the trees of the forest in full recognition.

Meanwhile the chatter about moving to FBS continues, which makes not a lick of logical sense.

one of the better posts. as brash and critical i am of the coaching, what 82 said is what I mean and see with this program. btw skerrys record is 13-51. and you know im just as critical if not more so on skerrys xo's and development.
09-30-2015 08:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Fourth Down Conversions - TigerNation82 - 09-28-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Fourth Down Conversions - Towson2012 - 09-28-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Fourth Down Conversions - mat1992 - 09-28-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: Fourth Down Conversions - Towson2012 - 09-30-2015 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.