Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

big12 comish announces move to hold championship gsme!
Bookmark and Share
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
RE: big12 comish announces move to hold championship gsme!
(05-06-2015 03:43 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 10:04 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  Well I had a big sports package though Cox, and when the LongHorn network first came on line it was part of my package. This January Cox expected me to pay additional for the LHN, and I can live just fine without it. Right now it is simply taking up room on my guide.

Texas and Oklahoma are the Big XII. If either or both leave the Big XII would then stand worse than the Big East ever was. Either will get whatever they want, especially Texas. The dumb thing about that is that both would be better off if the other schools could rise to truly compete at the national level, yet greed and turf will prevent this.

Exactly in regards to the LHN as comparred to a potential BIG12 Channel.
They are most likly on most Basic packages in Texas, we could carry them here in GA but choose not to as demand is nearly nonexistent.
I'm sure The horns benefit from it, but is it enough of a benefit to be standing in the way of what they would stand to gain if they rolled the network over to the BIG12 Channel?

Then it would carry big weight in all BIG12 states and be more available to other states as demand for it would rise. If they pick big payout states with teams that have enough of a following to push themselves onto basic in those states, then the conference gains recruiting power and presence in those new states as well as secures "BIG" MONTHLY revenues. And oh yea, more "market" for their other TV deals.

uta and txst play them each year in a lot of stuff so the only value the lhn has for me is to occasionally see those two schools play. I didnt choose to go to ut-austin so I dont normally follow them in anything unless they are playing someone from the sbc. It comes included in our u-verse package and I would not pay extra for it otherwise.
05-07-2015 09:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: big12 comish announces move to hold championship gsme! - runamuck - 05-07-2015 09:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.