Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

“I Am A Christian” Ad Blocked On Facebook For Offensive Speech
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
“I Am A Christian” Ad Blocked On Facebook For Offensive Speech
[Image: 2v8ijwy.jpg]

And yet, beheading pictures and numerous verbal attacks threatening police are ok....

Quote:Facebook has blocked an advertisement for the upcoming independent film “I am a Christian,” citing marketing rules against ads that use offensive speech, producers said Wednesday.

Producers of film, set to star Fox News contributor Stacey Dash and “Hercules” star Kevin Sorbo, are attempting to raise $500,000 in production costs online. The film will tell the story of Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman who refused to recant her Christian faith in the face of a death sentence, The Daily Caller reported.

The production company Christian Lives Matter, which so far has only raised $2,400 for the film, says Facebook rejected a promotional ad that asked users to proudly declare their Christian faith.

“Are you a Christian?” the ad asks. “We challenge you to change your profile picture to this ‘I Am A Christian’ photo for one week! Change your picture now, and challenge your friends to do the same. Stand up and declare Yes, I Am A Christian!!!”

One of the film’s producers told The Daily Caller in an interview that he was “shocked” to learn Facebook rejected the seemingly harmless ad.

“Your ad wasn’t approved because it doesn’t follow Facebook’s Advertising Guidelines for language that is profane, vulgar, threatening or generates high negative feedback,” Facebook reportedly wrote to producers of the film. “Ads can’t use language that insults, harasses or demeans people, or addresses their age, gender, name, race, physical condition or sexual preference.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015...or-offens/
03-23-2015 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
“I Am A Christian” Ad Blocked On Facebook For Offensive Speech - EagleRockCafe - 03-23-2015 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.