Bookmark and Share
purplesanman Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
RE: Consistency Of Matt Brady's Team"s"
(02-08-2015 03:20 AM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 10:56 PM)jmutoml757 Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 10:14 PM)Hotrod829 Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 08:50 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  Agree completely. Keener took absolutely nothing (honestly, less than nothing) and by his last season had us at least heading in the right direction. Yes, those years were terrible, but seriously...really, really bad (though still entertaining to mock the hell out of other teams from the BLEACHERS beside their bench). Brady took up where Dean had us going and brought us into a middle-of-the-road CAA team. We had one lucky year where we rattled off a few wins in the CAA tourney in, from what I remember, the first year where we had lost some teams and the CAA had taken a sudden dive in quality. Other than that, it's been a very 'meh' tenure. We have way too much turnover to create any sort of player leadership or loyalty, and without either of those, we will never have a consistently good team. After 7 years, I think it's clear that Brady was good enough to get us back to the level of an average D1 team, but I don't think he'll ever get us to even a top 100 team for two years in a row.

I agree with LH that we need to announce the hiring of a new head coach (I'll leave the names to people who have actually researched this stuff) and the ground breaking of the new arena. We'll probably also need a new athletics giving campaign at the same time and I'm not sure that there would be a better time. Time to see whether JMU athletics can try to take a risk and hope for a favorable change.

Luck had nothing to do with that year.

We were all on the bandwagon and constantly humming start wearing purple during that run. But we can't forget that not only had the best teams bolted the leaugue, but I believe that two other teams could not compete in the tourney (Towson/UncW) for other reasons. Call it "luck", good fortune, or whatever you want, but we all know that it has an unofficial asterik beside it. Was I watching and rooting? Heck yes, but my purple goggles are not so thick as to not see reality.

VCU was gone, ODU(3-15 CAA) and Georgia State(10-8) couldn't play in the tourney cause they were on their way out, and yeah no Towson(13-5) or UNCW(5-13) in the tourney. Mason was in it. We were the 3, we beat the 6(W&M) then beat the 2(UD) after they had a first round bye, and killed the 1(NU) after they had a first round bye.

Also, we were the best team in the conference the last half of the season. Nineteen games in, we were still under .500, yet finished with 21 wins on the year. We beat Delaware both games in the regular season and outplayed Northeastern at their place (although, we lost). So just stop with this asterisk stuff right now.
02-08-2015 04:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consistency Of Matt Brady's Team"s" - purplesanman - 02-08-2015 04:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.