Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bill Cosby Briefly Breaks Silence, Expects ‘Black Media’ to Stay ‘Neutral’
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Bill Cosby Briefly Breaks Silence, Expects ‘Black Media’ to Stay ‘Neutral’
[Image: 2ch59x2.jpg]

Okay, is the "Black" media supposed to give Cosby a pass on the large number of rape allegations just because he is black? Surely not...

Quote:Bill Cosby has briefly broken his silence since a wave of sexual allegations resurfaced against him, asking the media to stay “neutral” and saying that his wife is holding up amid the scandal.

Cosby has largely stayed silent since allegations became public once more, but spoke to the New York Post’s Page Six when the publication reached him at his Manhattan home, reportedly sounding upbeat on the phone.

“Let me say this,” he said. “I only expect the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism and when you do that you have to go in with a neutral mind.”

When asked how his wife is holding up, he said, “Love and the strength of womanhood.”

“Let me say it again, love and the strength of womanhood,” he added. “And, you could reverse it, the strength of womanhood and love.”

He then reportedly cut off the conversation, saying, “They don’t want me talking to the media.”

More than 20 woman have gone public with varying accusations of drugging and sexual assault against the 77-year-old comedian. The latest is model and actress Beverly Johnson, who told Vanity Fair that she was not raped by Cosby, but that he did drug a cappuccino he gave her in 1986.

In another recent development, 55-year-old Judy Huth came forward to accuse Cosby of raping her at the Playboy mansion when she was 15 in 1974.

Cosby is being represented by Manhattan-based crisis management company Hiltzik Strategies and attorneys Martin Singer and John B. Schmitt. While Cosby has largely stayed quiet, Singer has been vocal in his denial of claims, calling Huth’s accusations “unreliable” and “untimely.”

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/bill-co...201379231/
12-14-2014 11:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Bill Cosby Briefly Breaks Silence, Expects ‘Black Media’ to Stay ‘Neutral’ - EagleRockCafe - 12-14-2014 11:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.