So who thinks B12 screwed themselves with One True Champion
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
RE: So who thinks B12 screwed themselves with One True Champion
(01-04-2015 11:29 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 11:24 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 10:40 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 10:07 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  I don't think that for second and don't think the evidence points to it either. Remember the week before the final week, these were the rankings:

3. TCU
5. Ohio State
6. Baylor

Baylor was not rising above Ohio State after what Ohio State did to Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game. The real question was TCU. I think the problem there was that with Baylor's victory over Kansas State, things came close enough they had to use head to head and that meant Baylor had to be higher than TCU.
It seems like the committee assumed that Kansas St would beat Baylor, thus allowing them to take TCU. When that didn't happen, they just decided that Ohio State was better than Baylor (which bowl results seem to support).

Could've saved themselves a lot of embarrassment if they had this going into championship week:

1. Alabama 2. Oregon 3. Florida St 4. Ohio St 5. TCU 6. Baylor

That way they only have to flip TCU above Ohio St if Baylor lost (no one would've screamed about that, IMO).
I don't think they are embarrassed at all. It isn't their problem that other people cant accept what happened. If Ohio State hadn't been selected after crushing Wisconsin in a Neutral Site Championship game, which is what the playoff games are, then there would have been just as loud of a call for the system to be changed.

It was inevitable that not everyone would be happy. The way it went down though, the Committee has Nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of. Sorry Big 12, you should have had an extra game. That is the statement made, period.
There would have been an even louder call had 2 representatives been chosen from any of the power conferences.

Yes. Honestly, I don't think that ever would have happened. The weekly rankings were great for getting folks riled up, pumped up, anxious, and emotional but in the end we saw that they didn't guarantee anything.

The kind of anger that is out there now was unavoidable so you just face it and go on. The kind of anger that would have happened if somehow the SEC ended up with two teams or if the Big 12 ended up with two teams....well that is completely avoidable and would have been foolish of them to face in the first year.
01-04-2015 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So who thinks B12 screwed themselves with One True Champion - He1nousOne - 01-04-2015 11:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.