Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I'm beginning to see the selection committee as a joke.
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
Exclamation I'm beginning to see the selection committee as a joke.
Putting Florida State at 4 is an absolute disgrace and makes me question the neutrality of the committee. What is FSU being punished for that isn't also applicable to those ranked ahead of them? Only Alabama should be ranked ahead of them.

Arguments against FSU compared to TCU...

Too many close games? TCU has barely beaten Kansas, West Virginia, and Oklahoma and lost to Baylor. Let's say this is a draw.

No signature wins? TCU has wins over three ranked teams who aren't ranked anymore. In fact, only Kansas State is still ranked -- FSU has beaten two teams still ranked and is still undefeated. FSU wins.

Strength of schedule? TCU does have a vastly superior SoS but, if like the committee, we consider where those teams finish it looks a whole lot worse. FSU wins this by the committees supposed standard.

Arguments against FSU compared to Oregon...

Strength of schedule? Oregon is only ranked 8 spots higher than FSU. Considering there are 128 teams that's fairly even.

No signature wins? Oregon has three wins over ranked opponents, all of which are still ranked, but they also lost to Arizona. FSU only beating one less still ranked opponent but also being undefeated puts them ahead.

Too many close games? Oregon's only close win is against Wazu, no contest that Oregon is superior here.

After quickly reviewing the basic arguments against FSU we can see they should be ranked second. It's pretty simple really -- they're undefeated, if it were easy then they wouldn't be the only one. The committee's disregard for FSU's strengths is setting a bad precedent of bias.
12-02-2014 11:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
I'm beginning to see the selection committee as a joke. - OrangeCrush22 - 12-02-2014 11:20 PM
Q - _sturt_ - 12-04-2014, 11:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.