Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My son asks girl "Are you gay?" and gets a 2 day suspension
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
My son asks girl "Are you gay?" and gets a 2 day suspension
So this is my son's first year in this particular high school - he's a sophomore. Since school just started a few weeks ago he didn't really get to start making friends until just recently. Today he was with those friends and they were talking to some girls that my son didn't know and being shy he just stood by and let everyone else talk. One of the girls had a rub on gay rainbow on her arm and my son asked her if she was gay. During the entire time the kids were together the only words he spoke were "are you gay?" This was verified to my wife by the principal who spoke with all the kids involved.

After that question was asked the girl bolted and the next thing my son knows is he's in the principal's office being asked why he insulted the girl. My son asked him why he can't ask her about a rub-on tattoo that she clearly wanted other people to see. His insensitivity got him a two day suspension even after the principal acknowledged that all he said was "are you gay?" That's it! Period!

Livid, I called the school and got some bimbo who made me wait until she could gather all the details of what happened and she pretty much told me what I said above. I asked her how in the world is it wrong to ask a question about something someone clearly wanted other people to see? I then asked her if it was normal for high school girls to advertise their sexuality like that and if it was, then what's the purpose if it's against some policy to talk about what is clearly in plain view? She told me I was being unreasonable. I then asked her that, if the girl had worn a Dallas Cowboys shirt, would my son have been suspended if he asked her if she liked the Cowboys? She said that was not a rational comparison, told me she was running late, wished me a nice day and hung up.

So the lesson my son learned is if he sees anyone from the LGBTQ community he can't even approach them unless it's to bestow upon them accolades, esteem, and acknowledge that they have more rights than he does.

Edit: My wife told me there was something the principal said that made her think the girl wore the tattoo because it looked nice, not because she was gay. So she's a dumb ass and my kid pays for it. Tomorrow could be an ugly day for me and that school.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 09:37 PM by smn1256.)
09-02-2014 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
My son asks girl "Are you gay?" and gets a 2 day suspension - smn1256 - 09-02-2014 09:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.