Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AJC: Davis ready to be go-to guy for Georgia State
Bookmark and Share
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
AJC: Davis ready to be go-to guy for Georgia State
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/d...tae/ng8zQ/

Quote:That Davis has blossomed into a No. 1 receiver is a testament to his hard work, according toTim Lappano.
When he began working with the receivers this spring, Lappano couldn’t understand why Davis, whom he called physically gifted, had no offers to play Division I football.
Talking with his high school coach, Lappano realized that Davis was a wide receiver mostly only in name at Northside because its offense almost exclusively ran the ball.
“People (college coaches) just saw a big kid blocking,” Lappano said.
Davis impressed last year, other than drawing some personal foul penalties that he said won’t happen this year.
Knowing that he would be the go-to player in Georgia State’s offense this year, Davis continued the work he started as a freshman. He improved his bench press from 280 to 325 pounds so that he can push away defensive backs who try to jam him.
“I knew this was my opportunity so I had to take advantage of it,” Davis said.
Davis continued to work on refining his route-running techniques during the spring. Lappano gave Davis videos of Calvin Johnson, whom he coached with the Detroit Lions, running routes and going through drills to show him what he needed to do.
Lappano said Davis finished first in all the drills. After sitting out part of the fall camp with an ankle injury, he returned and once again went to the front of every line in drills.
“When you have that work ethic and are coachable, good things are going to happen when you work hard,” Lappano said. “It’s not surprising to me that he’s been able to improve his skill set.”
08-26-2014 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
AJC: Davis ready to be go-to guy for Georgia State - panama - 08-26-2014 10:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.