Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Done with recruiting? Looking ahead...
Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Belmont
RE: Done with recruiting? Looking ahead...
(08-18-2014 01:43 PM)Northside Bruin Wrote:  By my count we are done with recruiting for this year. It appears that we will sign a SG, SF, and C based upon the current commitments signing in November.

A few thoughts/questions:

- We are likely gonig to "play bigger" than most of Coach Byrd's Belmont teams. Our bigs all appear to be skilled inside with fewer big men who are solely focused on shooting.
- in 2015-16 we will have 7 guys over 6-6. That doesn't count Lester who weighs over 220. We will have good size.
- We should be unbelievably loaded that season as we only lose Reece, Holden, and Spencer.
- I am surprised we didn't sign a PG (unless the staff thinks that Benkert can be a PG...no services lists him as a PG). That leaves us with Luke and Chowbay over the next few years. I am thinking Barnette is a pure SG. We really could use that jet quick PG to give us the penetration threat when the normal offense isn't working.
- In 15-16 we will have 5 players from indiana on the roster. If you count KY, IN, IL, and OH, then 9 of 15 will be from those states.

At one of the luncheons last year, Byrd mentioned that Austin was looking really good at PG. He also mentioned that PG may not be Caleb's best position. So that leaves us a little thin at PG in 2015. My wish list for a recruit is a PG that is lightning quick PG that can penetrate and finish well at the rim.

With that said, Craig played the point a few times last year and did quite well. He may fill in at the point at times.
08-19-2014 06:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Done with recruiting? Looking ahead... - Bruin2002 - 08-19-2014 06:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.