Grizz acquire Jarnell Stokes from Jazz
Bookmark and Share
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
RE: Grizz acquire Jarnell Stokes from Jazz
(09-14-2014 06:48 PM)MuchLuck Wrote:  
(09-14-2014 04:31 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  I can't stand UTK but still like the deal for Stokes. He is a hoss and we need the help inside. He would have been a Tiger but circumstances forced him to Tennessee. 2nd round pick is nothing. Those or bought and sold all the time for cash. Stokes is a steal. I'm sure Tennessee fans are happy, but they kind of lucked into him at the spur of the moment, not exactly like Tony Harris. Had Josh not tied up all our scholarships Stokes would have been a Tiger. As well, he had for some reason taken an official to Memphis already that figured into it all. I don't blame the young man for doing what he needed to do for his career. He is very under rated.

Absolutely. I'm glad he's getting his chance. He spent way too many weeks wondering whether he would or not. Also, keep in mind...if he went to Memphis, he would have probably gone in round 1 and may not have had the opportunity to play for the Grizzlies. So, all in all, it worked out for everyone (fingers crossed).
He definitely would have gone higher had he attended Memphis and realizes it now but his hand was forced. He will do well and be a welcome addition to the Grizz. What a dream, to play in your hometown, for the NBA team. I think Stokes sticks unlike some of the others, like Burks etc. His upside is tremendous and one can already see his development. If he doesn't work out for some strange reason, nobody is hurt. As far as the Grizzlies drafting a Tiger, I bet if they can pick up Austin Nichols with a second round pick...they grab him in a heartbeat. Nichols will be a first rounder barring injury. I do think Geron Johnson is worth a look if I'm the Grizz, I would sign him. He has the potential to be an excellent guard and a great defensive stopper. Plus they could add him relatively inexpensively. He is going to be a NBA guard somewhere and stick, if he keeps his head together. He was by far our best overall guard. I wish Joe Jackson and Chris Crawford well but I don't see either of them sticking with a squad. I hope I'm wrong. Joe Jackson has a long shot if he gets the voices out of his head. He is one young man that he and those around him punched his ticket before the train arrived. He never seemed to be able to just relax and play basketball and those around him gave him bad advice constantly. It was like a soap opera.
09-14-2014 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grizz acquire Jarnell Stokes from Jazz - Rob - 06-26-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: Grizz acquire Jarnell Stokes from Jazz - Rob - 06-26-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: Grizz acquire Jarnell Stokes from Jazz - MemphisTigerPawr - 09-14-2014 08:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.