Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Enough Complaining about Draw, Let's talk matchups
Bookmark and Share
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Enough Complaining about Draw, Let's talk matchups
(03-17-2014 12:59 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  So I have not watched Harvard enough to really make a great argument as to what the matchups will be. It's clear that's a pretty good team, but nothing really there to suggest they can beat UC if UC plays its best. I think if UC plays well they win the game...that simple.

However, while Michigan State is really good, I don't think they present a ton of matchup problems for UC. The reason is UC will have the ability to play small when it wants to. Sparty plays a lot of 4 guards (3 guards/ 1 G/F). UC has the versatility with their athletes to bother some of those guards. When Michigan State plays a couple of big guys, I like the idea of Titus on Payne. I think Titus was Born to guard that type of player. Payne could still get his own under that scenario, but I think he'd really have to work for it.

What scares me most about the matchup is that in the 4 guard sets Jackson is likely going to be spending significant time on Payne. Jackson is certainly a good enough defender for that to work, but I really fear his getting in foul trouble in that matchup. Of course, because Michigan State likes to play small, UC actually would have more flexibility in this game than a typical game where Jackson gets in foul trouble.

The other thing that scares me is that Gary Harris can get on a roll and hit difficult shots. The kind of shots where even with great defense there may be nothing else to do. Anyways, I think what makes MSU unique and tough is their quickness and versatility with the 4 guards + Payne and I think UC has a roster that actually matches up quite well with that style.

Thoughts?

UC better worry about the first game and then get concerned about whatever is next. Harvard is capable of upsetting UC. They pretty much have 6 players scoring in double figures ( 6th is at 9.3 ppg). That probably hints of very good outside shooting. We know they'll be smart and have great fundamentals. That team worries me because of our lack of consistent offense. We could Crash and Burn if we aren't ready to play some tenacious defense and score and avoid silly turnovers. In the tourney, we aren't guaranteed to play MSU if we win. There's been lots of upsets over the years. A team has to stay focused and play hard. Not overlooking someone to get ready for the next game. Go Bearcats!!!!!!

03-17-2014 05:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enough Complaining about Draw, Let's talk matchups - bearcat54 - 03-17-2014 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.