Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"JMU to FBS will cost students too much"
Bookmark and Share
jmu@uva Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: James&Thomas
RE: "JMU to FBS will cost students too much"
(11-18-2013 04:14 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  
(11-18-2013 03:32 PM)jmu@uva Wrote:  In all seriousness, Pitz, what is your position on JMU's future? Do you support a move to any FBS conference, only certain FBS conferences, or do you support JMU staying FCS? If you just like to come on and make fun of other posters' for being so crazy about the issue, that's cool too. Just curious.

I think he's like me, in that moving for the sake of moving is not the answer... and the reason that we haven't gone anywhere already. We have some options, none of them are really that awesome. Actually we don't have options because we have 0 invites to other conferences. But we're ready to make a move when the right option comes along. It's a matter of when, not if. Until then, mocking people who think the sky is falling is more enjoyable.

This is true. Football rules the roost when it comes to conference alignments. But these FBS conferences offer little for other sports. I think the CAA is pretty good in the "non revenue" sports. Soccer and baseball have been pretty decent and before the implosion, basketball was pretty solid as well. I don't know, I guess there is a part of me that wants the University to gain as much out of a move than the sports teams. Maybe that isn't the best reason to support a move...
11-18-2013 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "JMU to FBS will cost students too much" - jmu@uva - 11-18-2013 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.