Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Potential EMU Football Coaches?
(09-27-2013 09:27 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  
(09-27-2013 09:04 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(09-27-2013 07:51 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  
(09-26-2013 07:41 PM)TimBuck2 Wrote:  Winters was not ready four years ago.

And English WAS ready? How 'bout Genyk? Woodruff?

When you stop hiring BCS assistants who've never run a program much less rebuilt one and get a guy with background like Harkema's you might have a chance.

Winters turned down Akron job two years ago.

Major:

I will have to explain what I have explained before.

English was EMU's first choice.

Genyk and Woodruff were NOT.

EMU has been turned down by a number of candidates the most noteworthy was Brian Kelly.

I believe Genyk was the AD's 3rd choice.

I believe the list was: Kelly (#1), UofM's Fred Jackson (#2) and Genyk was a fall back choice.

Coaches aren't stupid. They favor places were they are more likely to be successful.

No one has labled "EMU, the Cradle of (football) Coaches".

Matter of fact, EMU might be a graveyard...

I disagree on the graveyard phrase because you have to be someone first. EMU is a place where if you can't make it here you can't make it anyplace else. I would like our next to come in with one plan and that is to see what he has and build on that and the only plays is nothing but pure fundamentals and basic. I formation , power I, wish bone, option, student body left or right.

'Graveyard' is a 'backward looking' expression, i.e., what has happened in the past. I don't believe it reflects the future of EMU FB.

As NUPudge, me and probably many others would say, WHOMEVER is the HC next year will have a lot of talent.

Some coach next year could look good and win with English's recruits.

We will have a LOT of seniors.

And men's hoops will have a LOT of seniors this year too.

We could have a breakout season in hoops this year and football next year.

That isn't pie-in-the-sky but reflect a careful assessment of the upper-class talent in these two programs.

Matter of fact, Murphy brought in a lot of players who can win THIS YEAR. Not players to win in 2016, but 2013/2014.
09-27-2013 09:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Potential EMU Football Coaches? - emu79 - 09-22-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: Potential EMU Football Coaches? - emu steve - 09-27-2013 09:55 AM
RE: Potential EMU Football Coaches? - 7 - 10-03-2013, 10:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.