Tired of Southern Miss Being Grounded
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
RE: Tired of Southern Miss Being Grounded
(07-24-2013 12:02 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(07-24-2013 11:11 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  
(07-24-2013 10:42 AM)Saint Bulldog Wrote:  
(07-24-2013 10:08 AM)bigblueblindness Wrote:  I won't flame you, but I will wholeheartedly disagree that Southern Miss brings any value to the Big 12. If the Big 12 all came to play in Hattiesburg, of course they would sell tickets! That would be the case in any town south of the Mason/Dixon or on the Plains. You know what would make sense? Ole Miss or Miss. St. moving to the Big 12 so that they have a national brand in a new market, and the SEC gets out of doubling up in the same market (setting historical ties aside for the moment). In terms of conference realignment for financial purposes, that is plausible. Any AAC or C-USA school outside of UConn, Cincinnati, and maybe USF or UCF if somebody becomes desperate does not make financial sense for any P5 conference.

My point was that if Southern Miss had good home games then M. M. Roberts Stadium wouldn't be big enough to hold everyone. This year they play, at home, Texas State, FIU, North Texas, Florida Atlantic & Middle Tennessee. I can't think of one of those that I would like to see. Do I think that the Big XII would invite USM? No. But I believe that a lot of people are selling the Eagles a little short and if given a chance they would surprise people.

105K fans paid $50+ per seat to watch their team host an Eastern Michigan team on a 19 game losing streak. Last year NMSU(1-11) was the visiting team for a game that broke the host school's attendance record. It wasn't homecoming and they aren't rivals. Stop blaming attendance on the other team.

Nearly all of those ticket holders are season ticket buyers. They didn't buy the season tickets to see Eastern Michigan. If the opponent didn't matter then conferences would look a lot different.

ECU has been in the same conference as So Miss for 15 years but draws consistently higher attendance playing the same teams.
07-24-2013 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tired of Southern Miss Being Grounded - perimeterpost - 07-24-2013 02:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.