Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ETSU coaches performance in the A-Sun era
Bookmark and Share
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
RE: ETSU coaches performance in the A-Sun era
(04-07-2013 12:33 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 07:23 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  Murry Bartow: 189-135 with a .583 winning percentage, Bartow has performed the best in the stick and ball sports with three NCAA tournaments, 2 other postseason apperances along with four conference titles. Along with that, comes 8 winning seasons, 2 losing seasons along with multiple off court incidents from DUI's to drugs. Along with this, comes the highest budget of any sport on campus, a budget that increased to almost 1.4 million dollars from 753K in 03-04.

Since the title of the thread is A-Sun era, one of Bartow's NCAA appearances was in the SoCon (with a team he inherited).
I should've been more clear, by A-Sun era the meaning is the time we knew that the SoCon was no longer an option.

(04-07-2013 08:13 AM)Buc66 Wrote:  In this new day, seems it would come with some risk to be working there and continue referencing, explaining, defending the Stanton-Mullins athletic model.

I am not shocked at all by LetsGoBucs defending them and making excuses here. Not in the least.

My expectation is consistency and winning. You've made excuses about the A-Sun being tough in baseball, no money yada yada yada. The only sport that was really funded well that's a stick and ball sport was men's basketball until football was dropped. Every sport benefitted from football getting cut, yet the only stick and ball sports that won were men's and women's basketball. We just "retired" the women's coach when the baseball coach has been on the job 14 years and hasn't won anything. Stop telling me about the labor, show me the damn baby. Bottom line, .476 winning percentage since the funding started to increase. Anywhere else in Division I and Tony Skole is the most popular history teacher at Wise County Central High School, same with Devine. They both saw the funding increases to help them compete, and we've bottom line had MEDIOCRITY. All the excuses in the world, better competition, facilities, whatever cannot excuse a losing record as a head coach and being on the job for 14 years, not when they fired someone else for the same deal.
So yea, they've got the money to win, and have been mediocre. I expect more as a fan, hell we rail on Bartow on here all the time and he's won at a much greater clip than Skole and Devine.
As for Sayers, he's been there two years, so yea, the jury is out on him. If he continues down his path, he won't be around long.
As for Calabrese yea he's won more than he's lost but at what cost? Like I said, the jury is out.
The comments have nothing to do with my personal feelings for soccer but based strictly on numbers.

And LetsGo, I'm sure if you keep telling the previous regime how great they are sniff their butt some more, they'll give you a hat, and if you're really nice you'll get some Little Caesar's pizza and stale cookies.
04-07-2013 05:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ETSU coaches performance in the A-Sun era - Buccaneerlover - 04-07-2013 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.