Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why does everyone assume the ACC will get raided first?
gocards#1 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville
Why does everyone assume the ACC will get raided first?
Who's to say the Big 10 and/or Pac 12 aren't looking at some combination or all of Kansas, Missouri, Texas, and Oklahoma? Missouri obviously doesn't fit in well with the SEC and wanted the Big 10 in the first place. The Big 10 is a research powerhouse and virtually prints money to its teams and could double what the Big 12 schools make over time.

What strikes me as odd in the Big 10 adding Maryland is that they could've gone after anybody - ANYBODY - in the ACC but they chose Maryland. Why get Maryland first when you can get UNC or Virginia instead? The lawsuit is a nasty deal and could come down on either side. But if it comes down on the ACC's side and the $50 million buyout is upheld why would the Big 10 risk it on Maryland instead of one of the other two schools? Delaney has shown to be the most shrewd and cunning commissioner in the business and it doesn't sit well with me he'd make a gamble on Maryland instead of a bigger school.

I know I know the GoR is supposedly infallible. But is it really? If the Big 10 were to offer the Big 12 schools don't you think they would all pool their resources to find a way out of it? Wasn't there some clause that if a certain number of teams all left at once the GoR is voided?

In this case it would leave Kansas State, Iowa State, WVU, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, and Oklahoma State out in the cold. The SEC, if it lost Missouri, would add either Oklahoma State, WVU, or maybe an ACC school. If the ACC lost a member it would add Navy for football only or WVU or UConn. The Big 12 would add Cincinnati and the two Florida schools to get back to 9 or 10, and maybe try for Colorado State and BYU or Boise which would make a halfway decent league.

I'm just throwing this situation out there, I have no sources so don't flame me.
03-02-2013 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Why does everyone assume the ACC will get raided first? - gocards#1 - 03-02-2013 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.