Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Darius Paul out for NIU game - opportunity knocks
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Darius Paul out for NIU game - opportunity knocks
(02-16-2013 04:02 PM)EA3 Wrote:  I don't disagree with anything you mentioned. Problem is, class of 2013 is horribly thin at 6'8" and taller guys that can play DI.

Tava, Paul and Avery are in one class. McCormick is redshirting.

Jalen Hayes was likely the only front court guy that could have made a difference if we got him. We made a run at him and came up short. No sense in getting a player who doesn't project to be better than the four mentioned above.

2014 is the class we can recruit and boast that we have plenty of minutes open and ready to be taken with Shayne's departure.

I just think the talent pool and our 2012 class didn't warrant a post player coming our way.

I know '13 was lean on mean. But Connar is not a post player. Neither is Kellen.

Darius plays and AJ hasnt.

Now Darius may be out and all of sudden heads turn (as they should).

What if Shayne pulls a hammie or worse.

Now we are much more the equivalent of NIU and nobody and I mean no WMU follower would want that.

You can chalk it up to injuries but then not to have an ample number of bodies available is now the question.

It all goes back to planning based on your identity. If you are as is always touted: a defensive minded tough rebounding team you need to have the personnel to make that a reality. It's not to diminish slots 1 through 3. It is to recognize that 4 and 5 are your last line for 1-3. If 4 and 5 are manned by 3's masqurading as 5's it's exposed in a heart beat.

WMU, when healthy is solid at the 4 and 5. It's the depth. And it is now being exposed.

I attended the game in DeKalb.

I was very impressed with AJ and Connar. Connar has continued to play but AJ hasn't. I understand Dan Loney is present and is solid and stable. But limited.

If both were freshman and you had 3 more years to invest and grow a ROI which should you go with now?

That would be the question to ask.
02-16-2013 04:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Darius Paul out for NIU game - opportunity knocks - gobaseline - 02-16-2013 04:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.