Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's time for UTEP to go home: the MWC
Bookmark and Share
UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State
It's time for UTEP to go home: the MWC
UTEP has always been, is and will always be a Western school trying to be a Texas school. Although C-USA has been really nice to UTEP and it's nice the conference wanted us back in 2004, I think this C-USA experiment should come to an end. Yes, we would lose our ties to DFW, Houston and San Antonio but hopefully our new coach will be able to recruit good players from Texas and California. Look at Boise State, they're in a region that offers little to no recruits at the FBS level but they have had coaches who win so that's why they're having winning seasons well over a decade now.

We belong in the Mountain West. They have like minded institutions and their basketball brand is strong, I would say most years they will be about the same or even better than Pac-12 basketball. The MWC dominates its region and the only power conference that's in its footprint is the Pac-12 which will leave the MWC alone for the next few decades. The WAC which was a competitor is dead after this year so the MWC and Pac-12 are the only two conferences left in the Mountain and Pacific time zones. And let's not forget our biggest rival New Mexico is there, I'm sure Floyd vs Alford would be an interesting rivalry in the MWC.

If we stay in C-USA then fine. But playing football and basketball with the likes of:

New Mexico
Air Force
Colorado State
Wyoming
Fresno State
Hawaii
San Jose State
Utah State
UNLV
Nevada

is much better than the alternative we have now. The only two schools I really care about in this conference are Tulsa and Rice and hopefully they can come with us or if they don't, I hope we would play those two in a regular basis in OOC, especially Rice.

I'm not dogging the other C-USA schools or the new additions. Each one of them old and new bring positives and will contribute to the conference one way or another. Like I said, if we stay here fine but I think long term UTEP will be better off in the MWC.
11-28-2012 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
It's time for UTEP to go home: the MWC - UTEPDallas - 11-28-2012 01:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.