Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Playoff models, and how they affect the future of the Big East
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
RE: Playoff models, and how they affect the future of the Big East
(06-06-2012 03:29 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  Don't shoot the messenger here:

Quote:Under the new proposed playoff, the automatic qualifier status (BCS vs. non-BCS) is eliminated, but Delany said last month that there still would be a system of identifying the major conferences—and the major payouts.

Delany said then that he didn’t expect the Big East to be part of the elite group, but that he didn’t know how many different levels of payouts would eventually come from negotiations.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footbal...z1x2zJUMu4

I read that yesterday, too. My initial thoughts are that the Big 4 are wont to screw the BE out of its big-boy share in order to secure more $$ for themselves. There's been enough poor media perception of the BE to drive home that sentiment over the past few years, but I expect the BE to approach the impending negotiations firmly, but with a consensus-building attitude. They stand to lose the most, and it's not necessarily warranted. The endgame might be such that the BE gets a larger share, but not as large as a tie-in team unless they qualify for a BCS game.
06-06-2012 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playoff models, and how they affect the future of the Big East - CommuterBob - 06-06-2012 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.