Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will Memphis be able to handle BE football?
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
RE: Will Memphis be able to handle BE football?
(05-24-2012 10:00 AM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  
(05-24-2012 09:50 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(05-24-2012 09:48 AM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  The only reason Memphis was called out is because they are a Big East team. We all know this. And yet we all play along like a bunch of Lemmings.

Nope we mocked them when they were in C-USA. It's easy to mock the weak and helpless. It's not like their football team will ever do anything to make us stop. 03-nutkick

OK then. Going by that logic you no longer have the right to complain when someone says ECU is weak and helpless since they were not worthy of a conference upgrade.
You know as well as everyone else that this particular tool goes out of his way to mock the Big East since he is no longer a member. Just like when Pitt was in the Big East he would tell people like me that Boise could not be in the Big East because they did not have the academics...........and yet here we are.
You know how Memphis will compete in the Big East? No worse than Pitt. Pitt has never outright won a Big East championship and in basketball they are a middle of the road team in the Big East.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_East_Conference

That is since 1991 for football. Let's wait 20 years and see if Memphis can accomplish what Pitt couldn't. An outright championship.

I don't get why go out of your way to attack people. I have no axe to grind against Memphis or the BE. Why do you think that I do? I want to talk about how some of the new members coming into the conferences will do when it's time to begin conference play.

I don't understand why you have this thing with me over Boise going to the BE. Earlier, I did not believe Boise would ever get an invite because of academics. I was right. However, the BE conf when through an "Armageddon", and because of that their earlier criteria was thrown out the window. Surely you know why Boise was added to the BE - to save AQ status. Nothing more. Now AQ is gone and we have already seen all of these rumors of Boise having second thoughts. Well, are you surprised? Of course not because the one thing Boise was supposed to deliver is no longer there. I'm sure both sides are rethinking things now - it's only natural.
05-24-2012 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Memphis be able to handle BE football? - miko33 - 05-24-2012 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.