Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[Split] Terry Holland's newest letter to Pirate Nation
Bookmark and Share
CrownRoyal Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Terry Holland's newest letter to Pirate Nation
Also forgot the Olympic sports team building.

I'm sorry UCf'ers, I just find it insulting as hell that some of you have the nads to tell us that Terry Holland has failed us in light of your own AD's sins. The man has factually done more to advance ECU athletics, especially in the area of facilities in the last 5 years than what happened combined in the previous 20. When we've had an 8,000+ seat basketball arena since '96 when UCF wasn't even a blip on the radar (you were where in '95?) and knightlite pulls that reason out of his arse as the reason we didn't move up is just him grasping at straws to try to give his error ridden opinion artificial legs.

When it gets right down to the core reason you got the BE invite it is simply a matter of location. Nothing more, nothing less. You know it, we know it, everybody knows it. So don't spin it any other way. You got what you wanted, we didn't. Oh well, life goes on. Take your prize and leave with class and grace. And believe it or not I wish you well and hope you are happy long term with your new conference. But don't piss on us on the way out and try to say it's rain.

The thing I just don't understand about some of you chest thumpers from Central Fredo is all the ballyhoo about "look at all the facilities we've built". I mean, I know you're proud of them and all but you're not alone.

When you don't have those facilities to begin with ya kind of HAVE TO build them. That's kind of like an expectation to run an athletic department, so how is it unique? And before you get all slobber happy about how it all happened at one time nobody said you had to do it all at once. That was a choice made by your school. If the financials worked for you to do so, well great. But in case you haven't noticed you aren't the only ones who have been building from scratch and upgrading facilities.

I really don't know what else Terry could have done to put us in better position than what he has done. For some to suggest he failed us is short-sighted at the least and downright delusional in the extreme.
05-19-2012 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Terry Holland's newest letter to Pirate Nation - CrownRoyal - 05-19-2012 03:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.