Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Don't I recall that the year we went to the NCAA
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: Don't I recall that the year we went to the NCAA
(12-27-2010 12:55 PM)mjs Wrote:  I have nothing against Mike personally, at all. I probably knew him quite a bit better than I know Coach Shields. When Mike came here we had a few dozen "fans" and I was one of those. He put me on a committee with a bunch of movers and shakers- never understood how that happened being a just out of school psychologist making 19K working for the State. I talked to him a lot. My wife and I probably spent 2 hours drinking beers with him after a game in Shreveport. He was always friendly to my wife and young son. Yes, he is the best coach we ever had here. I still judge someone by their whole body of work. Steve has done more than anyone since Newell. I just don't understand your animosity toward him since no one else since Newell has made the NCAA tournament either.

Some of you guys don't understand. I really have no animosity toward Coach Shields. I personally like him. Who doesn't? I think he's a fine man. He hasn't done badly here. I simply want a coaching change. I've praised defensive coaching ability. I think we can do better recruiting and at the gate. I want to have the opportunity to be proud of our program again. Six years is plenty long enough for a coach to make it to post season in some post season tournament. If he can't do it in six years, or at least make it to the finals, then I'm ready to try someone else.
12-27-2010 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't I recall that the year we went to the NCAA - LRTrojan - 12-27-2010 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.