Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowling Green vs. TROY 2009
Bookmark and Share
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
Bowling Green vs. TROY 2009
Hello Falcon fans!

I'm a die hard Trojan and i'm very excited about our match-up this season. Traditionally, TROY has used its OOC games to play major BCS programs inorder to bring in money to better our facilities. It has resulted in a lot of losses. 03-banghead

However, TROY has began scheduling more and more fellow mid-major teams. 02-13-banana This coming season we play Arkansas, Florida, BGSU, and UAB. A much better OOC schedule if you ask me.

The Sun Belt and the MAC have a lot in common. We're both in the shadow of a major BCS conference (SEC for us, Big Ten for yall). We both struggle with national perception, fighting off the "big boys" for recruits, and sometimes attendence issues. Still, mid-major football is some of the best ball you'll find. The players come in with a chip on their shoulder, wanting to prove they belong on the field with anyone.

I think the MAC and the Sun Belt should play more games. In my opinion, we are the two most closely "related" mid-major conferences our there. The Mountain West has proven to be the strongest, followed by the WAC and C-USA. That leaves our conferences. The MAC has been playing football since 1954 (?), the Sun Belt...not so long. We're the youngest football conference in the country, and i believe we've made huge strides since we began. TROY has proven itself able to play with anyone. We dominate our conference.

I think this game will be an excellent match. I hope no one gets hurt, and I also hope ESPN picks it up. Anyways, just wanted to drop by and touch base with you guys. Please feel free to come over to the Sun Belt board, or if you like...you can come to TROY's board. http://www.gotroytrojans.com

Hope to speak with some of you soon!

TDC
02-02-2009 11:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Bowling Green vs. TROY 2009 - Burn the Horse - 02-02-2009 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.