Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Man, has this been rough!
Bearman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

What looked to be a promising season, coming off a 13-3 season & a division title, has turned into a freakin nightmare. Injuries, injuries, injuries. We just lost our backup/dime corner for the season. Now we'll be using the backup's backup.

It's been unbelievable. Since mini-camp. Last year we had only 1 major injury & only a few minor ones. This year we've lost at least 20 games from our starters, & 15 from their backups, & their backups.

We've been using a less than mobile, injury prone qb who now has tendonitis & can't throw over 20 yards. We've tried his backup, but he can't stay in a game for a full half. His backup (Henry Burris)is so bad that we signed a street free-agent & he's already ahead of Burris on the depth chart. Not yet, but he will be in a week or less.

We have a defensive end that tripped over his dog in the off season (wink wink) & broke both wrists. Now, within the last 4 months, he's gotten 2 DUI's. Yeah, he tripped over the dog alright, the dog that bit him.

He's been a distraction since the dog incident. He hasn't performed up to even his meager standards & he was just given a 5 year $25 M. extension at the end of last season.

We have a converted running back playing corner (3 year experiment) that has a total of 5 passes defended in 25 games as a starter. He's in the middle of the 2nd of a 4 year contract.

We have a whole rotation of defensive tackles that are weaker than water. Not one of them commands a double team. Fullbacks blast right through the line & get blocks on Urlacher, opening huge running lanes and allowing running backs like James Stewart to look like a shoo-in for Canton.

We have an offensive coordinator that's so conservative, he makes John Ashcroft look like a bleeding heart liberal. If we ever go up by 3, he sits on it. Our defense has been depleted since day one. The offense needed to pickup the slack. Not a chance. No killer instinct.

We have a head coach that admits that he has very little to do with game planning & scheming. Ummmm, what? Then just exactly WHAT do you do? His press interviews leave me thinking of that duck in the AFLAC commercials...*shaking head* grblgrblgrbl Huh?

We have a GM in his second year that came in with all kinds of bluster. Cutting veterans right & left, signing free agents, extending contracts etc... Then he got his first chance at a full off-season. He forgot to check 2 tiny little boxes that ended up costing us a promising young reciever & cost us about $4M. above & beyond what we should have paid for a linebacker. (out for the season)
He signed a qb that hasn't been able to finish one 1/2 of football yet. To back him up, he signed a guy that had never taken one snap in the NFL, & rode the pine in the CFL. The guy's a joke. We had a NFLEurope qb in camp that was far more accurate than this clown, but they kept Burris because he was more mobile. Huh? Miller & Chandler are freaking statues, but you signed/kept them???

We're playing basically 16 road games this year. 8 on some of the slickest turf I've ever seen, at our "HOME" stadium. They all played it off at the beginning "It'll be ok. We'll adjust to it. It's only a 30 minute flight."
Yeah? But you're all still packing a bag & heading to O'Hare every Saturday. If we were winning, maybe not that big of a deal. Since we're losing, I guarantee, it's a huge deal.

I haven't felt this bad about the team since Dave Waanstadt said "Aaaap, all the pieces are in place". Then proceeded to go 4-12. If we lose to the Rams on MNF this week, it'll set a new record of futility for the oldest franchise in the game. 8 losses in a row. Not even the terrible teams of the 70's (R.I.P. Walter) were that bad.

It's so bad, that I don't want to win another game. I'm actually looking forward to the draft. Jerry Angelo may have screwed up with the veterans, but he got us 3 starters (one's out for the year) , 2 situational players, one inactive running back & one practice squad reciever. That's a pretty good draft IMO. I'm hoping he can repeat that performance with a killer Defensive tackle & a franchise qb.

Well, that's my rant. Thanks for the bandwidth. My fingers are out of breathe. :laugh:

Anyway, cheers 04-cheers to a good finish to the season for the rest of you.
11-12-2002 11:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
[] - Bearman - 11-12-2002 11:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.