Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Akron can't complain about getting robbed!
Bookmark and Share
Damon aka D-Miz Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Akron can't complain about getting robbed!
Hello all, my name is Damon and I'm originally from Akron. Akron U. should be the last University talking about robbing someone! I used to be in a band called V.E.C. (1997-2003). We had this song named "A.K. Rowdy" and it was hot in 2000. 88wzip gave us alot of love, but at the same time their DJ's were bashing our song.

I moved to nashville in 03'. A friend of mine who attends the U of A called me and told me how THE U OF A and its student body started using the title "A.K. Rowdy" without asking for our permission or AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGING the group. I'm not one of these petty people out here who'll sue for anything, but at the same time if I come up with something acknowledge it.

How would you feel if you worked your butt off doing something that you loved and someone else used it without acknowledging it?

Now if any of you understand the copyright laws then you know that one can't copyright a "Slogan". We copyright the SONG "A.K. Rowdy" under the name of our album, which was "The Ghetto don't luv nobody". Since it's not copyrighted under a title then it's free game. Hey we were young and didn't really comprehend that at the time, but for christ sake if you're gonna steal something as a fan section at least accredit the group who created it.

AKRON UNIVERSITY NOW UNDERSTANDS HOW I FELT FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS! 02-13-banana
03-13-2007 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Akron can't complain about getting robbed! - Damon aka D-Miz - 03-13-2007 04:43 PM
[] - FearTheRoo - 03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
[] - Zip81 - 03-13-2007, 08:33 PM
[] - Damon aka D-Miz - 03-14-2007, 07:43 PM
[] - Zip81 - 03-14-2007, 08:56 PM
[] - Damon aka D-Miz - 03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
RE: - AlphaFlash - 01-30-2009, 09:03 AM
[] - AK-Zips - 03-15-2007, 07:52 AM
[] - J-BIDDY - 03-15-2007, 08:03 AM
[] - WallyB - 03-15-2007, 03:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.