Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Week 6 of Conference Play
Bookmark and Share
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
RE: Week 6 of Conference Play
NMSU wins by 26, beating Bakersfield 69-43 to move to 21-3 on the season, and 8-0 in WAC play. Next up is GCU in front of 12,000+ Aggie fans.
02-08-2018 11:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
Hey GCU can you give NMSU the game so we can finally get a WAC team back in the top 25.
02-08-2018 11:37 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
(02-08-2018 11:37 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  Hey GCU can you give NMSU the game so we can finally get a WAC team back in the top 25.

They will. They already lost to UTRGV tonight with Josh Braun with a whooping 4 points. They are not going to win in front of 12000+ hostile Aggie fans who don't like GCU because of all the chest pounding and media BS before the season started.
02-09-2018 12:42 AM
Vaqueronation Offline
2nd String

I Root For: utrgv
There's going to be a lot of salt on all the gcu twitter accounts this weekend.
02-09-2018 01:27 AM
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU, MTSU
I haven’t seen many other GCU posters in a while :(
02-09-2018 06:22 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
(02-09-2018 01:27 AM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  There's going to be a lot of salt on all the gcu twitter accounts this weekend.

Congrats, VNation. As far as salt, GCU students will have fun with their "Things better than Las Cruces" hashtag. The homers will be unreasonably optimistic. The rest of us will be mentally preparing ourselves to see our team taken out behind the woodshed Saturday night.

I would say "get embarrassed Saturday night" but there isn't much shame in losing to this Aggie team. They went ahead and checked the embarrassment box last night instead.
02-09-2018 08:33 AM
Trod0 Offline
2nd String

(02-09-2018 08:33 AM)gleadley Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 01:27 AM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  There's going to be a lot of salt on all the gcu twitter accounts this weekend.

Congrats, VNation. As far as salt, GCU students will have fun with their "Things better than Las Cruces" hashtag. The homers will be unreasonably optimistic. The rest of us will be mentally preparing ourselves to see our team taken out behind the woodshed Saturday night.

I would say "get embarrassed Saturday night" but there isn't much shame in losing to this Aggie team. They went ahead and checked the embarrassment box last night instead.

GCU is still a very capable team. Aggies can’t take their foot off the pedal just because GCU lost last night. I’m sure GCU will come playing their best as everyone does, to try and knock off the Aggies. GCU has been in front of big crowds before but I don’t think they compare to what they’re about to see Saturday night just because of the dislike for GCU from Aggies fans. It’s going to get loud and ugly for them.
02-09-2018 11:01 AM
Fishbob12 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Los Aggies
02-09-2018 02:23 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(02-09-2018 02:23 PM)Fishbob12 Wrote:  [Image: 1]http://mobile.twitter.com/SportsAccessry...00/photo/1

[Image: DVmowuiVwAA-n00?format=jpg&name=small]
02-09-2018 02:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1st String

Only about 200 tickets left
02-09-2018 05:30 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(02-09-2018 02:44 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 02:23 PM)Fishbob12 Wrote:  [Image: 1]http://mobile.twitter.com/SportsAccessry...00/photo/1

[Image: DVmowuiVwAA-n00?format=jpg&name=small]

Got my GF and myself those shirts for this upcoming game.
02-09-2018 07:48 PM
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

Wow... as a Lopes fan, I'm not at all offended. In fact, I'm pretty flattered that the entire theme of your biggest home game of the year centers on GCU :)

In all seriousness, it's pretty clever. I look forward to the game!
02-09-2018 10:27 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(02-09-2018 10:27 PM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  Wow... as a Lopes fan, I'm not at all offended. In fact, I'm pretty flattered that the entire theme of your biggest home game of the year centers on GCU :)

In all seriousness, it's pretty clever. I look forward to the game!

Should have seen the t-shirt designs for the UVU game, which was suppose to be the pack the pan am game this year.
02-09-2018 11:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

Just want to remind originally the Pack the Pan Am would have been playing Utah Valley but it was to close to the bowl game for the AD and his staff to get out and focus. So don't be too flattered. The game was moved back and decided upon GCU.
02-09-2018 11:56 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

Our students are mean and relentless and sit right next to GCU bench unlike at GCU Arena where the Havocs sit on the opposite side of the visitor bench doing corny rehearsed chants and praying. I see at least a 15-20 point victory tomorrow. It's going to get ugly. They don't show up like GCU students but when they do for UNM, UTEP and now GCU they ferocious. Home court when the Pan Am is full like it will be tomorrow night is going to be overwhelming.
02-10-2018 12:00 AM
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

Meh... backup or not, no way Aggie fans would’ve been nearly as fired up for UVU. You just don’t have the level of hate for the Wolverines. Like Dancing said... GCU is among the teams your fans will show up for in numbers and get ferocious.

It’s a down year for Canyon, admittedly. It’s especially disappointing considering the hype and preseason predictions. Rest assured that GCU will always consider NMSU an arch rival and hopefully being their best game. I think we will meet again in the tournament. So, regardless of tonight’s outcome, I think there will be one more game where everything is on the line.

Hopefully the Lopes right the ship, end regular season play with a win streak, and roll into Vegas playing as the team we thought they would be back in November. It’s all about how you play in March.
02-10-2018 10:38 AM
1st String

(02-10-2018 10:38 AM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  Meh... backup or not, no way Aggie fans would’ve been nearly as fired up for UVU. You just don’t have the level of hate for the Wolverines. Like Dancing said... GCU is among the teams your fans will show up for in numbers and get ferocious.

It’s a down year for Canyon, admittedly. It’s especially disappointing considering the hype and preseason predictions. Rest assured that GCU will always consider NMSU an arch rival and hopefully being their best game. I think we will meet again in the tournament. So, regardless of tonight’s outcome, I think there will be one more game where everything is on the line.

Hopefully the Lopes right the ship, end regular season play with a win streak, and roll into Vegas playing as the team we thought they would be back in November. It’s all about how you play in March.

The truth most Aggie fans think Grand Canyon is a credit union. So stop. No one cares about GCU.
02-10-2018 01:19 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
Fred Sims Jr not playing for CSU today. I'd expect SU to win by 50 but after the UMKC game who the hell knows.

Love the NMSU T-shirts though. This kind of stuff is what the WAC needs more of!!
02-10-2018 03:08 PM
1st String

GCU fan who thinks NMSU is up for them, actually NMSU sold out for Chicago State a few years ago.
02-10-2018 03:27 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

The last 4 minutes of the CSU game were good. Some questionable fouls called by the refs though and some stupid fouls by CSU. Could have possibly been a comeback.
02-10-2018 05:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.