Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Logan Woodside pro prospects
Bookmark and Share
falconplucker Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Logan Woodside pro prospects
I am glad Logan Woodside stuck with UT. He's broken numerous records and helped lead UT to a MAC Title. What a great way to end his career at Toledo. IMO, I don't see him as a NFL quarterback. Maybe he can develop his game and get there. For all of his great passes, I think there were too many that were behind, too high, or simply not hitting guys in stride. I certainly wish him well and hopefully he gets a chance to prove himself and develop his game. I don't believe the NFL has a bias against MAC quarterbacks. If someone has NFL talent, scouts generally come running. There is too much competition to not scout NFL prospects.
01-11-2018 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AquaRocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(01-11-2018 09:20 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 01:23 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Logan has been invited to the NFL Combine as well as the above mentioned post season bowl game. His final game with the Rockets certainly didn't improve his chances whatsoever (my goodness what a horrible time to play your worst game ever as a Rocket), but he will have prime opportunities in the upcoming months to impress.

He was far from the only Rocket to have a terrible game.
Amen

Sent from my XT1650 using CSNbbs mobile app
01-11-2018 07:32 PM
AquaRocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(01-11-2018 06:56 PM)falconplucker Wrote:  I am glad Logan Woodside stuck with UT. He's broken numerous records and helped lead UT to a MAC Title. What a great way to end his career at Toledo. IMO, I don't see him as a NFL quarterback. Maybe he can develop his game and get there. For all of his great passes, I think there were too many that were behind, too high, or simply not hitting guys in stride. I certainly wish him well and hopefully he gets a chance to prove himself and develop his game. I don't believe the NFL has a bias against MAC quarterbacks. If someone has NFL talent, scouts generally come running. There is too much competition to not scout NFL prospects.
Too high, behind, not hitting guys in stride? U r kidding right? Why not ask Cody, the Johnson's, Mikey or Kareem what they think about that. Did you ever watch Logan play??

01-11-2018 07:38 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-11-2018 07:38 PM)AquaRocket Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 06:56 PM)falconplucker Wrote:  I am glad Logan Woodside stuck with UT. He's broken numerous records and helped lead UT to a MAC Title. What a great way to end his career at Toledo. IMO, I don't see him as a NFL quarterback. Maybe he can develop his game and get there. For all of his great passes, I think there were too many that were behind, too high, or simply not hitting guys in stride. I certainly wish him well and hopefully he gets a chance to prove himself and develop his game. I don't believe the NFL has a bias against MAC quarterbacks. If someone has NFL talent, scouts generally come running. There is too much competition to not scout NFL prospects.
Too high, behind, not hitting guys in stride? U r kidding right? Why not ask Cody, the Johnson's, Mikey or Kareem what they think about that. Did you ever watch Logan play??

Yeah, seems like he had a pretty nice percentage of completion for a guy who throws so poorly.
01-11-2018 07:56 PM
Pete Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: U OF tOLEDO
(01-11-2018 10:18 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  Didnt read all the posts on here, but my take, is that Logan will get a shot. May or may not get drafted, but he will sign somewhere and get a shot in the league.

Question since i can't remember...what post season all star game did Kareem, Michael, and Treyvon play in last year? Was respect given to any of these NFL athletes?
01-11-2018 08:19 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

(01-11-2018 07:56 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Yeah, seems like he had a pretty nice percentage of completion for a guy who throws so poorly.

Lol. I knew I might killed for this. I am not an NFL scout so my opinion means nothing. 1.6% of college players make it in the pros. His completion percentage is fine. A lot of his balls were caught. I'm saying that a lot of his balls could have had better placement and timing. The game in the NFL is a lot faster and coverage is much tighter. Being a little off target or making a receiver pause or hesitate in the pros, usually leads to interceptions and your wideout getting his clock cleaned. I hope he makes and has great success. I just don't think that it will happen.
01-11-2018 09:27 PM
San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: il Rockets
Could Canadian football be a better fit for Logan over NFL?
01-11-2018 10:13 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(01-11-2018 08:19 PM)Pete Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 10:18 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  Didnt read all the posts on here, but my take, is that Logan will get a shot. May or may not get drafted, but he will sign somewhere and get a shot in the league.

Question since i can't remember...what post season all star game did Kareem, Michael, and Treyvon play in last year? Was respect given to any of these NFL athletes?

Hunt was named Outstanding Player in last year’s Senior Bowl. Not sure about the others.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 10:31 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
01-11-2018 10:31 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
woodside has some game. he's not a sure thing as a pro, but he can make some pro throws and sees the game like a pro. he certainly has a future in football as an NFL qb, CFL qb or coach. Watch the Miami tape. Top 10 college defense and he carved them up. had a ton of drops so his numbers don't quite show it, but scouts will watch that tape and be intrigued. I'd imagine he's a draft pick but on the 3rd day (rounds 4-7). I think Adeniyi will also fall into this range. The Hunt effect will be in play slightly. Scouts won't want to sleep on the next star from Toledo. And the fact that Hester rated out very highly among rookie d linemen and was an immediate role player in Oakland doesn't hurt either.
01-12-2018 04:36 AM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

(01-12-2018 04:36 AM)pono Wrote:  woodside has some game. he's not a sure thing as a pro, but he can make some pro throws and sees the game like a pro. he certainly has a future in football as an NFL qb, CFL qb or coach. Watch the Miami tape. Top 10 college defense and he carved them up. had a ton of drops so his numbers don't quite show it, but scouts will watch that tape and be intrigued. I'd imagine he's a draft pick but on the 3rd day (rounds 4-7). I think Adeniyi will also fall into this range. The Hunt effect will be in play slightly. Scouts won't want to sleep on the next star from Toledo. And the fact that Hester rated out very highly among rookie d linemen and was an immediate role player in Oakland doesn't hurt either.

I felt he was exceptional against Miami. If it weren't for dropped balls, maybe Toledo wins that game. I don't think he showed that every game. As big of a blowout the MAC Title game was, he missed guys on 3 or 4 occasions, who were wide open and heading to the end zone. The bowl was a disaster. He didn't end well. I think for all of his great statistics, there were opportunities this year for them to be much more. Every year, I am reminded how small the NFL draft really is, once the rounds start to by. I read a QB prospect ranking site this morning and he was not in the top 23. Maybe he has a great combine and impresses people. I think he will get invited to someone's camp, but I don't think he will be drafted.
01-12-2018 06:15 AM
rockytop Offline
1st String

I don’t question his ability to make the necessary throws. I do believe his lack of mobility is an issue. It appears the NFL is moving towards agile athletic QB’s you can get yards with their legs.
01-12-2018 08:27 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-12-2018 08:27 AM)rockytop Wrote:  I don’t question his ability to make the necessary throws. I do believe his lack of mobility is an issue. It appears the NFL is moving towards agile athletic QB’s you can get yards with their legs.

I'm not sure I saw an arm that can get passes out to the receivers fast enough. The closing speed on DB's in the NFL is so much greater than what he has seen in the MAC and even in a few of the OOC games such as Miami. I would say he has a below average arm by NFL "standards" - and above average by D1 college "standards". I agree the lack of good mobility will hurt him as well - and it is the combination of both that will likely keep him out of the NFL.

I always throw in my caveat. I saw Magic Johnson play in a high school All-Star game after his senior season. And I can remember saying to my buddies - he will never make it in the Big 10. I was right I suppose, he only lasted 2 years at MSU.
01-12-2018 09:12 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(01-11-2018 08:19 PM)Pete Wrote:  

Kareem was projected as mid round draft pick even before playing in post season all star game so he went where he was expected to. Currently Woodside is not among the listed QB pro prospects so his most likely path will be as a FA, but if he performed well in the game prep and game itself, plus exceeds expectations at the combine and his pro day, there is a chance a team will take a flyer on him late in draft rounds 6 or 7. I doubt his stock between now and draft will see him picked higher.
01-12-2018 11:36 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Drew Brees had a bad NFL Combine. Under 6' tall, slower 40 time(4.85), not impressive passing the FB to the extent where experts questioned his arm strength.
01-12-2018 11:54 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

he's still short and slow and lucky to be on a team where the receivers run to where he lobs the ball.
01-12-2018 12:01 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(01-12-2018 11:54 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Drew Brees had a bad NFL Combine. Under 6' tall, slower 40 time(4.85), not impressive passing the FB to the extent where experts questioned his arm strength.

But he was still ranked as 2nd round pick - where he went - and combine did not change that. He had won the Maxwell Award as top college player and set numerous NCAA, Purdue and BigTen records. Short, undersized and slow yes but still had some great skills that scouts had recognized.
01-12-2018 12:08 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(01-12-2018 12:01 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  he's still short and slow and lucky to be on a team where the receivers run to where he lobs the ball.

After a HOF 17 yr career I think we are beyond questioning his abilities and successes that have come with numerous different WRs. You do not have that length of quality career and put up those numbers because you are lucky to be on a team that is smart enough to play to your strengths including leadership.
01-12-2018 12:12 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(01-12-2018 12:12 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 12:01 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  he's still short and slow and lucky to be on a team where the receivers run to where he lobs the ball.

After a HOF 17 yr career I think we are beyond questioning his abilities and successes that have come with numerous different WRs. You do not have that length of quality career and put up those numbers because you are lucky to be on a team that is smart enough to play to your strengths including leadership.

I suspect sarcasm is at play here.
01-12-2018 12:34 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I think Logan will get his chance. He is an extremely accurate passer and can thread the needle in coverage. He just needs an OL.
01-12-2018 03:13 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-12-2018 12:34 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 12:12 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  

I suspect sarcasm is at play here.

Regardless how obvious, I don't think he has one of those detectors, particularly when the sarcasm is coming from one that looks at the university a bit more .... objectively. 03-wink

I think Woodside will be just fine. Personally, I hope he doesn't get drafted. Might be a little less money up front but seems, for the marginal potentials, to be a way to find a better match. If he does get drafted or become FA, hope it's to Pittsburg, just because. Not far from his home in Kentucky or Toledo and it's a solid program.
01-12-2018 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.